display settings > remote procedure call failed

Reaction score
i am having some problems with windows 7, if i rightclick on my desktop and choose screen resolution or personalize it does not open and i get an error instead, saying "the remote procedure call failed". Also i can not go into controlpanel>display>adjust resolution or change display settings.

I tried searching for a solution but didnt find one that worked for me. I did try the one with setting "remote procedure call" to automatic and "remote procedure call locator" to manual, which i found somewhere on this forum, but it was already set to automatic and manual.

My computer is running fine besides this(as far as i know at least), but its quite annoying that these things do not work. Anyone know a possible solution to this?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The only ideas I would have would be that you make sure you have the latest video driver.

And pop in the Windows Repair Disk and let it see if it finds any system files to fix.

Ask a Question