Corrupt system files

Reaction score
After running SFC /scannow it says there are corrupt files which it cannot repair. Is there a way to identify which files are corrupt and replacing them manually?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Boot up to a W7 installation DVD and on the installation screen choose "System Repair" from the bottom corner.

If you do not have a W7 Install DVD then download and burn the ISO for your specific language, version, and 32 or 64-bit >>HERE<<.

Reaction score
I tried my disc which I got with my computer from Dell and all it let me do was repair start up (boot) files, restore date, load previously made image etc. bot nothing to do a complete repair. I did the start up repair and when I did SFC I got the same message that there were corrupt files that SFC couldn't repair. I am now downloading the OS from the site you suggested and will try that when complete. This brings me back to my original question. Is there a way to identify which files are corrupt?

Reaction score
I tried my disc which I got with my computer from Dell and all it let me do was repair start up (boot) files, restore date, load previously made image etc. bot nothing to do a complete repair. I did the start up repair and when I did SFC I got the same message that there were corrupt files that SFC couldn't repair. I am now downloading the OS from the site you suggested and will try that when complete. This brings me back to my original question. Is there a way to identify which files are corrupt?
You will find a disc doctor under accesories system tools, or under control panel administration tools. Or download a free one from the net (http://www.ultimatebootcd.com).

Regards

Ask a Question