SOLVED Constant Crashing and BIOS Beeping

Reaction score
My computer keeps freezing when I try to play a video game. It runs fine with no problems until I try to load up a video game. The game can run anywhere from 1-10mins before it freezes and a static sound emanates from my speakers.
When I go to reset my computer it fails to boot up and my BIOS begins to beep repeatedly.
I cannot start Windows again until I power off completely for a few seconds then start it back up.

I have updated my video card drivers and scanned for spy-ware and viruses but this problem keeps occurring. My original power supply had died out a while ago so I replaced it with an older one I had but it met my video card requirements regardless.

I would appreciate any help I can get to fix this problem it is becoming very repetitive :confused:

Reaction score
Do a memory test... by then TorrentG will be here to lend a hand :)

Reaction score
Is there a certain program I should use to test it?

Reaction score
C:\Windows\Minidump

Copy the files in there to any other folder, zip them, then attach the zip to a post here.

Reaction score
Your wireless G adapter driver is too old for Windows 7 and it's responsible for crashes. Visit the manufacturer's site for the latest driver. If there is no update, then purchase a new adapter to use and uninstall the current driver/software:

Code:
0: kd> lmvm bcmusbdhdlh64
start             end                 module name
fffff880`05fa4000 fffff880`05fe6000   bcmusbdhdlh64 T (no symbols)           
    Loaded symbol image file: bcmusbdhdlh64.sys
    Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\bcmusbdhdlh64.sys
    Image name: bcmusbdhdlh64.sys
    Timestamp:        Tue Jan 08 15:52:33 2008 (4783E291)
    CheckSum:         0004BAB8
    ImageSize:        00042000
    Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
---------

The same exact scenario applies to your Research In Motion driver/software for your phone:

RimSerial_AMD64 RimSerial_AMD64.sys Mon Nov 24 12:01:01 2008

Uninstall if there is no update available.

---------------

Uninstall Daemon Tools normally, then use the uninstaller found here to remove sptd.sys. Be sure to click Uninstall while using:

DuplexSecure - Downloads

Install PowerISO to replace it as the disc emulation is free forever and perfectly stable:

http://www.PowerISO.com

--------------

Update the video card driver from this link:

atikmpag atikmpag.sys Thu May 27 12:25:36 2010

Drivers & Support | GAME.AMD.COM

Reaction score
Thanks a ton, I really hope these guidelines will help fix this issue.

So the WirelessG driver is responsible for the crashes, even when I play single-player games with no internet connection?

Reaction score
Yes, if you follow my post, the machine will be crash-free.

You're welcome.

(The wireless driver must be removed from the machine no matter what, either by updating or uninstalling and removing the hardware.)

Reaction score
Got to play a game for an hour and a half so I assumed the problem was fixed. Shut down when I was finished, came back and it froze on the start-up screen twice in a row with the horrific static sound too.
I got lucky being able to even log on my Windows account without it freezing, I do not know what the source of the problem is if it is also crashing before Windows loads up.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
IF your BIOS is beeping and going past the POST phase then there is an issue in your BIOS.

Check the settings for your RAM timings and settings to be sure that the BIOS and RAM match.

Do you have the latest BIOS firmware installed for your motherboard?

You state your Gigabyte motherboard is "Dual Copper". They're all 2oz. copper boards these days from Gigabyte. What is the Model and version of motherboard from Gigabyte?

Gigabyte uses AWARD BIOS so check this link below and see if the beeping matches any of the codes and related issues.

http://www.pcguide.com/ts/x/sys/beep/award.htm

If you're getting a long beeping or continuous beeping, the more than likely is a RAM issue with incorrect settings or a bad stick of RAM. Possibly a bad motherboard too, but that's a remote chance.

Reaction score
Got to play a game for an hour and a half so I assumed the problem was fixed. Shut down when I was finished, came back and it froze on the start-up screen twice in a row with the horrific static sound too.
I got lucky being able to even log on my Windows account without it freezing, I do not know what the source of the problem is if it is also crashing before Windows loads up.
You probably didn't follow as I've shown and perhaps missed something. If you have more crash dumps, I'll have a look for ya.

Reaction score
Should I set my RAM configuration to a manual setting through my BIOS? It seems to be continuous beeps of the same length so I am guessing its a video/RAM issue. Although I have been able to play with no problems for an extended amount of time after uninstalling those programs and drivers you mentioned TorrentG but it's a hit or miss kind of thing and the crashes do still happen but just at a lesser rate.

Here is some of my Motherboard info...
Board: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-MA785GMT-UD2H
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. F5 11/30/2009

Reaction score
None of them are new. Most are months old and the newest one is from 11/04, almost 2 weeks ago.

Seems you are not having bsods any longer and the system-wide crashes have already been fixed, or there would be newer crash dumps.

If you are having any problems with a specific game, patch the game to latest version.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Torrentg will probably get there in the end. But I am inclined to nibs post. I would say, going back to "ye old days" of fault diagnoses, that the long beeps indicate a loose board on the computer. In this case the graphics card. It seems that sometiimes it is barely connecting and you get a start up. I would open up and either substitute the card for another, just to test, or make sure it is firmly in place.

Reaction score
If there were any hardware issues, even intermittent, there would have been 0x124 hardware stops, of which he has had none.

My guess is that the electrical outlet is not providing high quality, reliable power. Or there is too much running on the same line, in the household. Then the motherboard bugs out and unplugging from the wall is needed for a short period of time, like 30 seconds. It's common.

Otherwise, the system seems reliable and well, since there are no new crash dumps to submit.

Reaction score
what about the older power supply could that be a problem ?
You might just be right man, this whole problem starting occurring after my 600W burnt out. The one I have now is a 500W but it's also almost three years old and used by my old rig. Maybe if I replace my power supply it would fix the problem.

But I'm using DDR3 RAM that might need configuring in my BIOS if it's a memory problem. The settings are all on auto but I'm not sure if that's the way they should be configured.

I also am using 6 outlets on one strip, that could also be the issue.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It was the power supply, bought a 600W and it's gravy, gg. :canabis:

Ask a Question