BSOD during startup after power outage

Reaction score
My house lost power over the night, and when I went to restart my computer, I began to get BSOD (SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION) right after Windows splash animation. I restart the computer and run the Windows repair tool, where it gives me another BSOD, this time with no sort of label or memory dump dialog. After some retries, I eventually get it started in safe mode, and read on a thread on this site and used the sfc /scannow command. About halfway thru, I got another BSOD. This is a recurring problem for me, and is not always as bad as it is now. For reasons unknown to me, whenever my computer shuts off, it will not turn back on properly without me first unplugging it from a power supply and then depressing the power button for short time to discharge any remaining electricty. Also my date/time resets to factory specifications every time my computer is disconnected from power. I tried to do a Restore from a Restore Point, but I believe due to the date/time issue, my Restore Points were all lost, as there were none to be found and I know for certain that I had created at least one the last time this problem happened.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. And I've included all minidump files.

Attachments

Reaction score
Update: I did a restart and managed to boot it past the splash, but upon entering my password, it said that it was configuring my desktop. That step took some time (more than I would expect) and when it finally finished, my dekstop was empty and I had an error message saying that it did not exist. The moment I tried to run a program, the screen glitched and I got a BSOD (MEMORY_MANAGEMENT)

I rebooted normally again, and this time everything loaded up normally, but then every process and application on Windows began to crash at once, immediately after booting. After that, I clicked on the Windows error report tool and the screen once again glitched out and gave me a BSOD, but with no label. Including the minidump again, with the .dmps of the last 2 BSODs.

Attachments

Reaction score
Update 2: Tried another set of reboots, managed to run the Windows Repair Tool to the end, but upon completion, I got yet another BSOD (PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA) and it also said ntfs.sys. I restarted and did a normal start, and after the splash got the same (or similar) BSOD, but this time without the ntfs.sys tag. Then, once I started it up in safe mode, I got another BSOD as the help dialog came up.

Minidumps included again. Sorry if it looks like I'm spamming, I just don't know what to do about this problem. In the past it had seemingly fixed itself through a series of reboots, but this instance seems worse than previous cases.

Attachments

Ask a Question