SOLVED BSoD during Hibernation

Reaction score
I have never actually witnessed a BSoD on my machine recently. My power supply works fine, but my battery does not (if I unplug my supply from my machine, it powers down within two seconds, but that's a story for another time....). I have not overclocked or tinkered really all that much with the BIOS or any other semi-permanent settings that I can remember of.

Here are all relevant specs about my machine.
Here are the dumps. They happened on the 4th, the 7th, and earlier this morning, respectively.

Everything is also attached via the manager.

Thank you for your help, as it is a very annoying and confusing problem!
- SN

ed//
One more dump for you! Happened last night.

Attachments

Last edited:

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,

It is important to start with updating all your motherboard drivers.

Let us know how you go.

Reaction score
I updated all my drivers (some sound drivers and ethernet drivers incl.) and we'll see how it turns out when I throw it back into hibernate again later today.

Reaction score
I'm not positive how to update the BIOS. I updated all my Intel drivers. I used DriverScanner to find updates and everything.

I threw it into Hibernate before heading out to work this morning and came back to a computer still in Hibernate though, so maybe something's worked!

Shintaro

Reaction score
See how it goes.
If you think that it is fixed, then please mark the thread as solved.

Reaction score
What are the benefits and uses of update your BIOS? I've never considered that an even an option for the BIOS.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Basically anything that your motherboard supports can be fixed. Sometime they will tell you what they fixed and sometimes it will be myterious update.
However I have applied BIOS updates from a manufacturer and some faults *magically* disappear.
So in my view it is a worth while update.
I cannot see your motherboard type from the pic.

Reaction score
It seems to have been fixed with the update of all my drivers. I will open a new thread if necessary, but I can confirm this is as such, solved. Thank you Shintaro!

Ask a Question