Blue Screen tcpip.sys

Reaction score
Hiya My laptop is on windows 7

The system crashed and now every time i turn it on its showing the blue screen

with the following

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down etc etc

The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant. Please contact your system vendor for an updated BIOS

*** STOP : 0x000000A5 (0x000000011, 0x00000007,000000000,0xc000009A)

If i go into start safe mode it gives me blue screen with this on it too Blue Screen tcpip.sys

As i said every time i start the laptop up what ever way it gives me the blue screen.

I have no windows 7 disc.

Please help many many thanks

Reaction score
I have tried to download Hiren's Bootcd 13.0 (379MB) but not able to find it to see if that will help cant find a link to download the boot CD :(((

Reaction score
Hiya thanks so much for the welcome.

Good to speak to you.

Do you think this may fix the problem.. have you any idea which way i turn with this blue screen problem

Reaction score
Sorry Spudman, I'm not a crash dump analyst.

The most I could do is tell you to make sure all your drivers are up to date.

And if that doesn't work try removing any piece of hardware that is not absolutely needed for the computer to boot. If then the computer does not BSOD, start adding the hardware back one piece at a time until you find which device is causing troubles.

Reaction score
Thats ok the thing is the Laptop will not even boot up..

As soon as you turn it on that blue splash screen comes on so not able to get the thing started.. im on my Home PC at the moment :(

Reaction score
Do you have more than one memory module in the laptop?

If you do have more than one, try booting with only one module and see if this helps. If no boot with the first module, change it out and try the next module.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Ok i have managed to download the boot disc but when i put it into laptop and boot from CD or the memory stick which i put the boot cd on too. It still comes up with the blue screen so will not let me boot from it...

Is there anyone who can help im so stuck with this..

clifford_cooley thanks so much for ya help so far.

i done what you said about the memory and it still does not work.. I have not ven got a windows 7 disc as i didnt get one with the Laptop :(

Reaction score
when i put it into laptop and boot from CD or the memory stick which i put the boot cd on too. It still comes up with the blue screen so will not let me boot from it...

Is there anyone who can help im so stuck with this..

Something's wrong with your hardware. First ensure it is set right in the bios, usually setup/optimized defaults do the job. Then if it still crashes do some hardware testing:

1. RAM - www.memtest.org 10 passes overnight

2. HDD - http://www.carrona.org/hddiag.html

Of course there can be other hardware issues such as PSU, motherboard, bad memory slot, bad cabling or a broken DVD-ROM.

Ask a Question