A Lady Tech !

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
My wife and I decided we could do with another partime employee (We already employ a old friend who has a great computer knowledge) so we advertised locally and had four answers in 36 hours ... one was a lady and I was curious to know what she may know so I asked her in for a chat / interview. I have not heard of that many lady's in to computer mechanics but I was very pleasantly surprised by this young lady's tech knowledge (she builds and upgrades her own and family's systems) so as of tomorrow I'm happy to say she is on the team :)

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Well, congratulations Veedaz! We need photos!

Also, one man - two woman shop... hmmm they'll synchronize and then you'll be in trouble! :creep: :girl::girl:

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
That's nice!
What do you employ her for? I guess you have a business... :)

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
:lol: Thanks Nibiru, well its a equal split two guys two girls now but as my wife runs the office side of things I think its safest for me to say she is the admin of the business ... I like a quiet life :D

Its computer builds / Repairs and upgrades FC packed up my old job and went full time last January and its grown fast so now we employ :)

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Veedaz, good to see things picking up for you. I'm glad to see you give a lady a chance, some are just as good as men doing this kind of work. And usually, they'll be better employees than some men are. I wish her the best of luck, and hope your business grows to where you need 20+ employees, one of them being the one responsible to keep up with everything that's going on.

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
That's awsome news Veedaz, I always love to run into fellow gals who are computer savvy and it's a shame they are so few and far between. 8)

Reaction score
I am a firm believer in using independents. I would never buy a commercially produced computer. Too much rubbish like trials for this and that, rubbish AV programs like Norton, dedicated hardware, and worst of all, usually no installation disc supplied. I have over the years had three computers built by a local man, all to suit my own requirements, and with only the operating system installed. A full installation disc supplied each time, delivered within two or three days of ordering , set up and running.

Good luck to you.:)

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
When we build a system or install an OS the disk / disks are given to the customer and apart from new hardware guarantee I also give a 12 month guarantee on a new build and 12 months on any upgrade work in writing within the customers job report.

I pleased to say my new lady tech was here early and is ATM installing Windows 7 Ult 64-bit on a AMD Desktop and will be installing a extra HDD to the same machine :D

Reaction score
Good news Veedaz. The best person for the job no matter what the sex is a great policy and I'm happy to see you're proud of it.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Well, congratulations Veedaz! We need photos!
:D :D

When you're ready to open a satellite shop in NY State, let me know.:)

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
:lol: I'm not sure how my latest employee would take it me snapping pics of her !, she is doing very well and I think she will be a valuable member of our team :)

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
I don't know what she does in her spare time, she is a wife (marred) but I do know she is happy with her job and I'm happy with her work today :), I will mention Windows 7 Forums but the rest is up to her. I have two good workers now and I think thats very :cool:

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
That's nice... You have you're own shop :)
Successful, I hope! ;) (Probably, as you are needing more staff...)

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
If I ever get to Britain I'll look you up and we can have some bangers and mash with a pint of ale. :beer:

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Today (I will call her S) completed her first full build for a customer and made a nice clean job of it, followed ESD procedure to the letter and put her tools away after using them ... something I don't always do :D. I hope more Lady's take up the screwdriver concerning computers, and I quite like her singing along to the radio :lol:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You just better keep YOUR tool in your pants or your wife will reboot your a**.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
I can assure you TrainableMan nothing immoral will be happening in my work shop and I'm proud to employ a lady that is more computer savvy then many men that claim to be :)

Ask a Question