Your View on Digital copies through torrents

Reaction score
lol. I do have OS discs, but I can't sell them with the product keys because of how many computers I have already used that OEM key on. I have some other good software that may come in handy. You all would be surprised how many scratches you could put on an old CD and it still work. lol. Anyone need some blank floppies? :)

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised at all, because in my younger days, I'd do anything to bring the computer up. From Win 2K down, it's easy. It can be done with XP Pro, but it's not proper to tell these things here. Also, I'm 10 years older, and learned it's better to play by the rules. That way, you can get professional support.

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
The interesting thing is that there are programs like DVD Flick that you pay for and will simply and easily make copies of DVD's for you...if copying was 100% illegal then should not companies like this be shut down?

The other issue, at least in Canada, is that any media that can be recorded to (like DVD-r or CD-r) has a tax on it already where this money is paid to the recording industry because, well, we must all be buying our DVD-r's and CD-r's to make illegal copies and would never use them to, you know, make recordings of something we made ourselves (roll eyes)

So, in a way, because we pay this fee in advance, I guess we could argue we already paid for the illegal use?!? LOL

Reaction score
I kind of like that law Canada has, but at the same time is the money that is made by the tax really a fair deal to the companies? Does the tax pay them "whoever they are" figures that are comparable to the sells of the software/music/movies? For some reason I doubt it.

Ask a Question