WUSB54G Drivers for Windows 7

Reaction score
Alrite, I just upgraded my PC to 64-Bit and loving it:)!! Only problem came along when trying to install my wireless adapter, WUSB54G. i searched everywhere for the solution but yet no answer:mad:. any input will help.

Thanks-
Nathan v1.0

Reaction score
What version is that adapter? It'll say on a sticker on the bottom.

Reaction score
I have the WUSB54G version 3 adapter, and cannot find a driver ANYWHERE. I find it hard to believe that there are drivers for other models(ver 1,2 & 4), but not for version 3. . . I am using Windows 7 64bit just FYI.

Any and all help would be MUCH appreciated!!

Ross

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I have the WUSB54G version 3 adapter, and cannot find a driver ANYWHERE. I find it hard to believe that there are drivers for other models(ver 1,2 & 4), but not for version 3. . . I am using Windows 7 64bit just FYI.

Any and all help would be MUCH appreciated!!
I found this page but drivers only go up to vista... Perhaps compatibility mode may help?

http://www.wardrive.net/drivers/linksys#usb

Reaction score
WUSB54G version 3 Driver

I found this page but drivers only go up to vista... Perhaps compatibility mode may help?

http://www.wardrive.net/drivers/linksys#usb
Ross,

Thanks for the reply. I accidentally posted the wrong adapter that I was having issues with. It's actually the WUSB11 ver 3.0, silly me. :eek: Anyway, I came to the conclusion last night, after hours of research, that's it finally time to upgrade to wireless N technology. I've had the adapter, for about 6 years, so she is going into retirement.

Thanks again for the info Ross!

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Ross,

Thanks for the reply. I accidentally posted the wrong adapter that I was having issues with. It's actually the WUSB11 ver 3.0, silly me. :eek: Anyway, I came to the conclusion last night, after hours of research, that's it finally time to upgrade to wireless N technology. I've had the adapter, for about 6 years, so she is going into retirement.

Thanks again for the info Ross!
Wireless N FTW! Good decision on your part! If you have a desktop computer use PCI cards with external antennas, better reception and such.

Reaction score
Wireless-G solution on my Windows 7 Desktop

OK, check this out. Got my kid a new desktop computer this week that has Windows 7 Ultra. The thing screams (and will be outdated by the end of the month). Anyway, tried to use my old standby Wireless-G (WUSB54G v4) and couldn't get it to work with the available drivers on the website. Then I noticed the power light on the Wireless-G was pulsing on and off. Verified the power light was constant on my laptops USB 2 port. At one point the computer would try to acknowledge the Wireless-G but kept flaking on me and wouldn't work. Got me to thinking about the USB cord and maybe it being the USB 1.1 version. I always believed the USB 2 ports was backwards compatible with the older 1.1 version stuff. Got a USB 1.1 splitter and plugged it into my USB 2.slot and plugged the Wireless-G into the splitter - it worked!!! No problems other than it getting less than 3-megs of an available 6+meg capacity on my cable modem. Got a USB 2 cable and plugged that into my Wireless-G and plugged that directly into my USB 2 slot - and now I get my full 6+meg capability. Using the Ralink 3.1.3.0 driver dated 4/27/10.

The original USB cord was the 'almost clear' kind and I replaced it with a black cable that said it was USB 2 on it.

I am so glad i keep some of the old stuff around to test out my idea - otherwise I would have had to spend more $$$ to get another one. Now, I feel 'smart' (that won't last 15-minutes;-).

Hope this helps someone else out

Last edited:

Ask a Question