Wireless Security

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Was this modem/router supplied by your ISP? You should contact your ISP, they may have set a password and even changed the default ip address, they could walk you through connecting and enabling your pswd.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Do as TrainableMan stated; call your internet service provider and have them walk you through this. If that fails they should send a tech person to your residence and get this resolved, once and for all.

Be sure you have them walk you through this stuff, so next time it will be easier for you.

This issue for you has been dragging on way too long. It's been over a week on this and still nothing has improved.

Call your tech support people today!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I know you already reset your modem/router but for anyone reading this post in the future, know this:

If your modem/router was supplied by your ISP, they may have set up specialized instructions (DNS addesses, system access passwords, etc) in your modem/router and if you reset to factory defaults you will loose them and potentially loose your ability to connect to the internet at all. Since you were never in there to record the proper settings you do not know how to reset them even if you do now have access.

Contact your ISP.

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your support.
I will now as soon as possible contact my ISP.
I guess now I need no more suggestions!
Anyways, thanks to all who took their valuable time to look into this problem.
Regards,
Kamaljeet

Ask a Question