Windows Essential Writer - Mod the Styles

Reaction score
My installed 2011 version of the Windows Essential Writer paragraph style defaults to a font size of 5.5 pts. I need to increase this to something useable. However the help is silent on the subject of customization of things found in the ribbon and an hour plus wasted on searching for an answer is of no help. Even checked the MS Word help section which had plenty of information on modifying the styles in the style gallery but nothing applied to Writer.

Be gentle with me folks I'm overloaded on frustration and a quart low on attitude. :mad:

Regards
-=crl=-

Reaction score
You could try repairing WLE from the uninstall programs in the control panel. You could also update it to WLE 2012.

Reaction score
Thanks BassFisher:
I did download the 2012 upgrade before I left home this AM. Ran the install setup and it ran to the end and then generated an error dialog for error, [FONT=&quot]0x800704c8. I just had time to do some captures of the incident. When I get back and schedule permits, I'll try wrassling with it again.

Regards
-=crl=-
[/FONT]

Reaction score
Still not fixed

Sorry to be so late getting back but that is an indication of how often I need to use Live Writer. Executed the installation of 2012 Live Writer a couple of hours ago and it completed successfully with the About showing. [FONT=&quot]
Version 2012 (Build 16.3.3505.912) [/FONT]

But there is no apparent change. The default paragraph style font is still 5.5 points. See original post.
Have also discovered that none of the groups in the ribbon will produce drop down menus like some of those in MS Word 2010. e.g. the Edit Styles button.

IOW no stinking change!!! :confused:

Regards
-=crl=-
Skeptic & Cynic

Ask a Question