SOLVED Windows cannot install to this disk(installing Windows 7 Ultimate)

Reaction score
trainableman: raid console is usually included with the graphics driver. on my ATI X1200 the raid console is included with graphics driver as a promise raid, and it helps the computer to detect hard drive, without it hard drive shows up in devices and printers. in device manager its under storage controller: AMD AHCI Compatable Raid and AMD Raid Controller.

Reaction score
dont blame you there. it can be frustrating. i was leary when i installed my os of win7 for the first time, when it came up for partitioning i was scratching my head. then click on each partition and notice the red X delete was high lighted and then deleted Drive C and Drive D, it then appeared as partition 0 Disk 0 unallocated 149gb. click next and installed OS. Acer support said i couldnt install it, it would damage my system. they would be happy to do it for $200 plus shipping cost.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well then try creating a partition in the unallocated space.

diskpart

list disk

Make note of the disk number of the disk from which you want to delete the partition.

select diskn

Select the disk n where you want to create the partition.

create partition primary

Last edited:
Reaction score
LLOL...m1r2hud you were right... the hhd I was trying to use was corrupt, my other laptop is now up and running thank you all for your help... :eek:

Ask a Question