SOLVED Windows 7 ISO – Official Direct Download Links

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
OEM and Retail are two different versions, at least as far a activation goes. In order to use OEM, I'm supposed to be a system builder. I'm afraid of doing anything illegal. Were I to get caught and convicted in court, the computer would be the least of my problems. I could lose my disability check, if convicted of a felony. I've seen these OEM versions installed before (in XP Pro). The validation tool automatically installs upon updating, but you can block the checker and ask not to show the update again. All that you receive are critical updates. I don't want to run a system that way, and I most certainly don't want to go to prison and lose my social security check. I'm permanently disabled and don't need or want any trouble. OEM keys are for large corporations that build computers (Dell, HP) and system builders. I know there's a deal where they send you a program or key with a broken power cord or memory chip. That's not for me.
There is nothing criminal about you using Windows 7 OEM. Nothing. The only thing you have to keep in mind is that the license cannot be transferred to another PC down the road. Your scenario is incredibly paranoid and extravagant.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
There is nothing criminal about you using Windows 7 OEM. Nothing. The only thing you have to keep in mind is that the license cannot be transferred to another PC down the road. Your scenario is incredibly paranoid and extravagant.
Thrax, I made that post way before I knew what was going on. I do now know that an OEM install lives and dies with the computer it's installed on. In fact, I've never done a Windows 7 OEM install, except reinstalling my own. I have done many XP Pro OEM installs, but things were a little different then. That's what I was afraid of, things aren't the same as they were 5 to 6 years ago. And I didn't know if you could do an OEM install of 7, the way you could do with XP & Win 2K. That post was made a while back, and I do agree with you, I was paranoid. But then again, I'm a walking pharmacy, drugs creates this effect, especially the amount I consume for pain. The amount of medicine I take would knock a horse out. Plus, paranoia is a side effect of a couple of the several meds I consume.

Reaction score
Can you also by a license key from Microsoft themselves.? I've done a search on ebay Australia (not US) and have not found keys for sale..

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Can you also by a license key from Microsoft themselves.? I've done a search on ebay Australia (not US) and have not found keys for sale..
Sure, you can, but it may be expensive. What OS is it for?

Reaction score
It'll be either for Pro or Ultimate. Not decided yet. 64bit.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
eBay in the US has plenty of keys for sale, but being that you live in another country, I can't say 100% that the key will work. But I have bought XP Pro discs from a seller in your country, they activated fine. That's what I was wondering, if you wanted XP Pro keys or Windows 7 ones.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Can these images be burned and used on an OEM laptop and key?

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
It has been said that you can, Nibiru knows all about this. I tried with my COA, it wouldn't work. Even using the COA displayed by Belarc & Jelly Bean Key Finder, didn't work.

But SIW reports a "default key" which is different from the others. I didn't know of that program at the time, so I'll never know.

Cat

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Can these images be burned and used on an OEM laptop and key?
Yes, you should be able to use the product key for the OEM as long as it is for the correct version, ie, Home Premium key for Home Premium OEM install.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Yes, you should be able to use the product key for the OEM as long as it is for the correct version, ie, Home Premium key for Home Premium OEM install.
Thanks, a family member wants to do a repair install and thinks she fubared her recovery partition. And of course never created a repair disk.

I'll forward the link and instructions how to verify and burn.

Ain't long distance computer help grand? :)

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Yes it is! One of the modern wonders we get to enjoy these days.

I hope it all works out for her.

Reaction score
hey sir.....what about the win7 home basic.........i got it preinstalled on my pc.......

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
You can join TechNet, this version is available, as I use it on my notebook, and runs perfectly fine. I even have the SP1 RC or beta installed on it.

Cat

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You can join TechNet, this version is available, as I use it on my notebook, and runs perfectly fine. I even have the SP1 RC or beta installed on it.

Cat
For less than the price of a Technet subscription he can buy Windows Ultimate !

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Reaction score
Thx for these links! One question though: why are all these different versions posted, while you need only two of them (x86 and x64), and just remove the ei.cfg?

Just to be sure that all .iso's are equal :)

Reaction score
Thx for these links! One question though: why are all these different versions posted, while you need only two of them (x86 and x64), and just remove the ei.cfg?

Just to be sure that all .iso's are equal :)
Because the ISO's in the links are not ours to edit. The ISO's are images of Windows 7 install media that have not been tampered with in anyway. You have the links to the original media and the instructions to modify the download, feel free to do as you please. For security reasons it must stay this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question