Windows 7 is Fastest-selling OS in History, Microsoft Posts Huge Earnings

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
That's hilarious! I know a couple people that need Rickrolling. :lol:

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
In retrospect, I am glad I did not have vista, jumped from XP to win7 and never looked back... R.I.P. XP
You did not miss anything with Vista, I tried it but did not like it, I'm so glad we have Windows 7 now :D

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I never had Vista either, but used XP Pro from 2002 until November 2009, when I went for Windows 7. I didn't see the need for Vista, my mother and sister had it, I used it a couple of times to check my emails, was not impressed enough to abandon XP Pro. It wasn't even worth abandoning Win 2K Pro over. So now, I'm a happy Windows 7 user. It was worth the wait.

Kalario

Aquarius
Reaction score
So what more can they do with Win 8? Just curious.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Windows 7 is going to be with us a long, long time. The sales reports and customer feedback is proving it. Really, it would be hard for Microsoft to outdo themselves with the next release, unless all features from Windows 7 Pro & Ultimate are thrown in, as well as MSE. I mean, their Media Player is included, when there are plenty available, so why not MSE, with the end user being able to disable it should they want to. And IE8. It's got to get better, or move up to IE9, and do away with these Active X controls that are security risks? Say what you want, but Windows Live Safety Scanner removes a dozen or more every time that I run a scan. There are other browsers that doesn't use Active X, so why can't IE trash them (along with IE6)?

Reaction score
I built a new PC back in the spring of 2007 to replace my XP machine, and went with Vista. I didn't think it was all that bad ... my experience was not horrific. But I think Windows 7 is even better, and now that I've upgraded, I see no reason to go back. Everyone at Microsoft seems to be happy, and they seem to be in tune with their customers, so I say, good for them! :)

Reaction score
One reason why Windows 7 is selling so good, part from that it is the best OS I've tried from MS is the price. Windows 7 Ultimate in Norway will cost you about 458$ while Vista did cost about 1000$ =)

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Windows 7 is living proof that they are in tune with their customers, I was just reading today were their market share is gaining huge momentum, mostly at the expense of Vista, but XP usage is noticeably dropping. There are still many holdouts, but XP is about to enter that stage where you get security updates only, unless you register and purchase some sort of extended deal. There will be paid support, and if you recently bought one of those XP netbooks, you will have to get support from your OEM, once that phase kicks in. So for anyone out there considering purchasing one of these, think again. Windows 7 Starter may not be the best version of the OS, but for a little more money, you have support for most likely the life of a netbook.

Ask a Question