Windows 7 Classic Start Menu Solution

Reaction score
CSMenu v0.9

CSMenu is a little application which acts like the classic start menu. It's designed for Windows 7, which doesn't have a classic start menu.

I recommend that you pin a link of this program to the taskbar, and use Start Killer (Click here for a link). for a program to remove the original start button.

For any bugs, comments, criticism or suggestions, please post on this thread, and I will do my best to reply.

Thanks,

Thomas.

Edit: Just realised - the download won't attach because the ZIP file limit is 1.19mb and CSMenu is greater than that (about 1.6mb I think). :(

Last edited:
Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Why would you want the classic start menu? The 7 start menu is more functional, and better looking.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
looks quite good (old people like me who got XP when it was first released like this sort of stuff :D)

Reaction score
I would like to have the XP Theme in Windows 7 just for the hell of it

People are keeping up with the Classic Theme from Windows 9x era. I wouldn't run this theme, However I do consider it a collectible. How many themes are there after this Classic Theme that we have skipped and forgotten about. I would like to see all of the OS Themes from the past all rolled into one package.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Do you mean this ? No Problem.
Unawave - That is so cool

What do the windows look like? Are they still aero or do the have the Windows XP style aswell

This would be a good option to those that cannot run Windows Aero. This is one reason I was curious. It would be a different option to simply turning Aero off

Last edited:
Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
This would be a good option to those that cannot run Windows Aero.
The "XP-Retro-Style" is a modified "Windows 7 Basic" style. So you have to switch from "Windows AERO" to "Windows 7 Basic" and there is no transparency. And therefore it's ideal for not AERO capable PCs.

But only what you see in the screenshot is changed: Taskbar, left and right area of taskbar and start menu. All other elements are unchanged: Windows frames (e.g. in Windows Explorer) is still the light blue style from "Windows 7 Basic".

Ask a Question