w7forums Chat?

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
That's why I like it here, too. And probably one of the most noticeable things which played a part in me switching from a similar forum that I was already a member of. It's simplicity, and easy to use forum. Actually, the first time I clicked on here, it was by mistake. That's one mistake that I was glad to have made. Since then, my knowledge of computers has doubled. I've learned new things, some that I use, some of which I pass onto others. But this is my home on the net, I enjoy learning and interacting with others, and here I get to do so, as I can't get around like most can. I have run across many people here, and as the regulars here knows, I'll jump in and help others, when I can. Many has helped me, too. I like the forum just the way it is. It's just as described in it's link on the net, "dedicated to friendly discussion and helpful tutorials". One day, there will be another Windows OS. Who knows what will happen then. Some may not even want to make the leap. One thing for sure, things will be different. So lets enjoy what we have now as long as we can. This forum is just fine the way it is.

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
I totally agree.
This forum is really a nice place. Allready, after beeing member for only two weeks, my knowledge has vastly increased.
And also, this is probably the only forum which really appreciates help, even from a 15 year old like me.

Fire Cat

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
We also have the Off-topic area which can be used to post controversial opinions and news stories. It has been a calm place for the most part, but it has potential for heated discussion. Just wear your thick skin, when it happens.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
That off topic discussion is about close as you can get to a chat. It does have the potential for a heated thread, and I've seen a couple that did. But nothing got out of hand, the moderators didn't have to intervene, and that was good. Linux is often discussed in it. Most Windows forums wouldn't allow that, and most Linux forums would certainly not allow a positive thread on Windows to exist on theirs. But, the off topic discussion is a good one to have on here, it's there for everyone,

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
:eek: Eeeek! Look at the hornest nest I've stirred up...I am so sory about that! My only intention was innocent and I definately was not wanting to push the idea at all. It was just an idea and after reading all the replies I agree it looks like it would be more a problem than a help and am more than comfortable with a "no" decision. I do appreciate you thinking about it and the level headed arguments.

The next beer is on me....:eek: :beer:

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
:eek: Eeeek! Look at the hornest nest I've stirred up...I am so sory about that! My only intention was innocent and I definately was not wanting to push the idea at all. It was just an idea and after reading all the replies I agree it looks like it would be more a problem than a help and am more than comfortable with a "no" decision. I do appreciate you thinking about it and the level headed arguments.

The next beer is on me....:eek: :beer:
Thats good ... always up for a Beer :D

Ask a Question