video show grains

Reaction score
Hi.!

I am trying to play a DVD video file on my windows 7 windows media player. Since it is a DVD format, the movie is crystal clear (hv tested it on my laptop [vista]). When i play it in windows 7, the movie shows a lot of grains and is not at all clear.! I've even tried a couple of codecs, tried k-lite mega pack, Media player classic...btu in vain. Kindly help me out plz.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Hi..Thanks for replying...

I did use VLC even....but got the exact same output. :(

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
What type of computer is your Windows 7 on ? and what sort of graphics does it have ? if you could post the full spec of the Windows 7 PC cooler2005.

Reaction score
Hi...Thanks a lot for replying....here are the system specs

Operating System: Windows 7
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3.00 GHz
Motherboard: Asrock
Graphics Card: Onboard Intel
Memory: 1 GB
System Type: 32-bit

When I used earlier versions of Windows (xp/vista) videos were working properly..now none of those video's are clear.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
I'm wondering if this my be a hardware problem, i presume your RAM is in two RAM modules ?, lets run a test

1. Click the Windows 7 Start button.
2. Select Control Panel
3. Click the System and Maintenance icon
4. Select Administrative Tools then, click the Memory Diagnostics Tool icon.
5. Click the option to restart your computer now and run the memory diagnostics test or to schedule the memory diagnostic test to run at your next reboot, and please post the results.

Reaction score
I guessing the video driver is upto date aswell.

Windows 7 is more taxing on the system. Onboard graphics in a P4 system will be boarder line running Windows 7 with Aero features turned on.

You could turn windows aero feature off to see if this helps. You see I had a similar problem and had to upgrade to a PCIe Video Card.

Reaction score

Windows 7 is more taxing on the system. Onboard graphics in a P4 system will be boarder line running Windows 7 with Aero features turned on.

You could turn windows aero feature off to see if this helps. You see I had a similar problem and had to upgrade to a PCIe Video Card.

Clifford is right, I believe if you try to turn off aero, see if you still get this grainy effect. alot of the time onboard intel graphics on a laptop, are decent enough for such a graphic demanding operating system like Windows 7.

Reaction score
I'm wondering if this my be a hardware problem, i presume your RAM is in two RAM modules ?, lets run a test

1. Click the Windows 7 Start button.
2. Select Control Panel
3. Click the System and Maintenance icon
4. Select Administrative Tools then, click the Memory Diagnostics Tool icon.
5. Click the option to restart your computer now and run the memory diagnostics test or to schedule the memory diagnostic test to run at your next reboot, and please post the results.
Hi.! i did all this...but i did'nt get any log after the system rebooted.!?

Reaction score

The video driver is already installed as i can see an icon on my taskbar saying "intel graphics card accelerator properties"....and i already have my aero feature off by default..

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi Cooler

If you have any errors Windows Memory Diagnostic tool in Windows 7 will show up while it scans and a report will be given to you the next time your computer boots up. Can you tell us the model No of your Asrock Motherboard then we can have a look at your graphics, a few £ / $ on a graphics card may be all thats needed but we need to know what type of card is compatible.

Reaction score
Hi Cooler

If you have any errors Windows Memory Diagnostic tool in Windows 7 will show up while it scans and a report will be given to you the next time your computer boots up. Can you tell us the model No of your Asrock Motherboard then we can have a look at your graphics, a few £ / $ on a graphics card may be all thats needed but we need to know what type of card is compatible.

Motherboard is "Intel 915GL 775Dual-915GL"

Ask a Question