USB HUBS

Reaction score
Hi,

First time here and new to Windows7. I have been looking for a powered USB hub and can't fine anything listed that has Windows7 listed tht they will work with. I need the name of a maker that will work with W7. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Maynard

Reaction score
so are you saying that you want to find a powered usb hub that is windows 7 compatible?? If that is the case then you could use any powered usb hub because they should all use generic drivers.
hope this helped

Reaction score
W7 USB HUBS

so are you saying that you want to find a powered usb hub that is windows 7 compatible?? If that is the case then you could use any powered usb hub because they should all use generic drivers.
hope this helped
Thanks. What I see on most dealer's ads is the list of Windows that they do support....W7 is not listed in any that I have read. Thanks again

Reaction score
If your not in a hurry to buy one straight away you'll find USB 3.0 hubs becoming commonly available soon.

Reaction score
USB HUBS FOR W7

If your not in a hurry to buy one straight away you'll find USB 3.0 hubs becoming commonly available soon.
Thanks Mychael. I do have a need right now and at the prices I see, I think I can afford both unless the 3.0 will be over $100. My wife could use the 2.0. Do you have any ideal when they will be on the market?

Reaction score
They are around a bit now. Though I've not seen them in mainstream stores as yet.
More like online shops that carry a range of I.T. stuff. www.lindy.com.au have an online catalogue you can view, I think I've seen them there. Also Buffalo make a USB 3.0 hub.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Hi,

First time here and new to Windows7. I have been looking for a powered USB hub and can't fine anything listed that has Windows7 listed tht they will work with. I need the name of a maker that will work with W7. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Maynard
All USB 2.0 hubs are compatible with Windows 7. USB 2.0 is a standard independent of the windows operating system.

I have this D-Link listed below in the link to Newegg. I have owned it for two years and it is an excellent piece of hardware. It's a 7 port hub.

It's on special this month and has a $10 mail-in rebate.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817111402

USB 3.0 is new and not very widespread at all. Probably won't be for at least a year or so. But it is backward compatible to 2.0.

But if you want to get a jump on things here is real good unit from SIIG.

SIIG JU-H40312-S1 4-port USB 3.0 SuperSpeed USB Hub It's $39.95

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...0021&cm_re=usb_3.0_hub-_-17-270-021-_-Product

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
All USB 2.0 hubs are compatible with Windows 7
Agreed. Sadly, the practice of putting the supported OS on the box to avoid confusion often creates confusion in the process. In the case of USB devices, it would probably be better if they just said Windows, or PC - or nothing at all.

BTW - good move to opt for a "self-powered" hub. While you can daisy chain devices, this can, and often does put too much demand for power on the port, and that can cause some odd, and difficult to troubleshoot problems. Also, if using with a laptop, a self-powered hub does not drain the battery.

Reaction score
Not all USB Hubs are compatible with Windows 7

I agree that all USB Hubs should be compatible with Windows 7 but alas they are not.

The Manhattan 13 Port hub is definitely not compatible.

Reaction score
I agree that all USB Hubs should be compatible with Windows 7 but alas they are not.

The Manhattan 13 Port hub is definitely not compatible.

I'm running a Manhattan one. No issues at all. Bought it not long after I switched to Win7.

Ask a Question