SOLVED Uninstalled RealPlayer... File associations left behind?

Reaction score
Hey there. I recently uninstalled RealPlayer, however, when I click Start, then Default Programs then Associate a file type or protocol with a program, some RealPlayer . extensions are left behind, such as .ra (RealAudio) and .rv (Real Video). I opened the registry and went to HKEY Classes Root and deleted all the Real Player . associations as per the Defualt Programs menu. But, I refreshed the page and they are still there. There's a pic attached.

Attachments

Reaction score
I'm not positive but CCleaner may cleanup those file extensions that are no longer being used.
Registry Cleaner
Advanced features to remove unused and old entries, including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons, Invalid Shortcuts and more...

Reaction score
I'm not positive but CCleaner may cleanup those file extensions that are no longer being used.
Clifford you're a genius! Apparently CCleaner caught 221 registry errors, most of them were about RealPlayer and RealPlayer extensions. It is now removed from the Set Associations page. Thanks so much! I never knew CCleaner could do so much... Most people say CCleaner is just for the cleaning part, and not for Registry but apparently it does a great job on both situations.

Ask a Question