SOLVED Two IE9s !

Reaction score
I have two versions of Internet Explorer 9 on my 64-bit Windows-7 machine; one is a 64-bit version the other presumably 32-bit, although it doesn't specically say so.

How do I remove the 32-bit version - I don't need the two, do I?

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
That's the way it has been with IE since XP Pro 64 bit was released. The 64 bit version is there, but due to no Flash support for 64 bit IE, it's not fully functional.

But you still can use it, one good thing, no ads!:D

Where you will run into problems running 64 bit IE is when viewing video, or any site that requires Flash. But for simple web browsing, it works fine. No need to be concerned at all.

Cat

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Keep the 32-bit, that's your main IE9 browser. Nearly all 64-bit browsers are still in the "infant" or developmental stage.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
As I've mentioned in several threads, it's also important that you are using a 64-bit anti-virus program if you plan to use a 64-bit browser otherwise malicious scripts can go undetected and do major damage to your system.

But as has been said already, keep the 32-bit version too, as it is currently the more commonly used right now.

Reaction score
As I've mentioned in several threads, it's also important that you are using a 64-bit anti-virus program if you plan to use a 64-bit browser otherwise malicious scripts can go undetected and do major damage to your system.

But as has been said already, keep the 32-bit version too, as it is currently the more commonly used right now.
Thanks to all who responded.

It isn't a problem - I just wondered...

I use Firefox v3, which is presumably 32-bit.