Threatfire AV

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I was reading an article, and ran across an article on Threatfire AV. It is a free AV. Has anyone out there used it, and if so, is it any good? I don't want to install an unknown product. There was a recent post by Veedaz where there was a fake MSE, and was being circulated as Security Essentials, and even looked identical to MSE. Anyone who has any experience with it, good or bad, please post. Many thanks for your assistance.

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Quick Overview:
Designed to complement your current AV solution, ThreatFire stops the most aggressive threats of all: Zero-Day threats so new that signature-based programs have yet to develop defenses against them. Comprehensive and powerful behavior-based security. While ThreatFire has received a high rating by users, it is only based on 2 votes. ThreatFire is claimed by the author to be Freeware and apparantly free to download.
Formerly known as: Cyberhawk

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
There is some info on Threatfire here > http://www.canadiancontent.net/tech/download/ThreatFire.html but I have never used it, you could try it in VM Cat and please do post your findings if you try it :)
I've installed it on Win 2K Pro to see how it does. They claim that you don't need to scan, and the database is updated frequently and automatically. I actually needed a second layer of protection on that OS. So I'll find out if it's what it says it is. But I'm going to keep it scanned with Malwarebytes to make sure that there's no problems within it. My options with Win 2K are limited, so we'll see how it does. If it is less than described, I'll post back my findings.

Reaction score
RE : Threatfire AV

ThreatFire protects your computer against attacks by detecting malicious behavior, such as capturing your keystrokes or stealing your data, instead of only looking for known threats like normal antivirus software. By implementing sophisticated real-time behavioral analysis ThreatFire is able to stop never- before-seen "zero-day" threats solely by detecting their malicious activity.