SOLVED Sony Viao Laptop Recovery disks junk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Sony FULL of BOLONY!

K first thing first, My laptop is working! I took it to the local computer repair shop, Explained to them what Sony had told me, they said B.S. any drive will work. So I said o.k. here are the recovery disks and here is an advanced type drive go for it, make it work. Well as it goes, when you take the car to the shop to show your mechanic what is wrong, it doesnt do that. That is what happend to me. We fed the laptop 5 cd's and then it worked! Nothing different than what I had been doing. So bottom line, Sony Viao recovery cd's can be loaded to an advanced format drive. I saw it happen, I am using the laptop and all funtion keys and buttons are working. So I don't know maybe the drive got tired of being formatted so much and finally gave in. Whatever...tech at shop said that it would work and it does. Sony said it would not, but it is....So who you gonna believe? Thank all of you who helped. And guess what the tech did not charge me anything! Sony wanted 150.00 to send a tech, that did not cover parts. So again
Sony full of Bolony!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Glad you got it working and now you have an extra set of recovery DVDs too.

You said you didn't do anything different, who knows, maybe something was loose and it fell into place on the trip to the shop.

I went ahead and marked this thread as SOLVED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question