SOLVED SIGMATEL STAC 92XX Windows 7 Drivers

Reaction score
I have been trying for a week now to get my audio card working on my Dell Inspiron 1721. I did the update to 7 and then lost audio, I found a driver that would install, but then the audio was pure digital garbage.
I have yet to find a driver that will work. I went to SigmaTel homepage but that didn't help either.
I upgraded to 7 64bit from a 32 bit version of Vista. Full program, not the upgrade. I am ready to dump 7 and go back to Vista.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forums.

I think the solution posted on this blog should work for you : http://www.bigfrontdoor.com/big-blog/34-sigmatel-stac-92xx-c-major-hd-audio-drivers-on-windows-7

Download the latest x32 or x64 (as appropriate for your computer) Vista driver from the Dell website and leave the EXE in a folder somewhere
Or get them direct from us, click for the 32 bit driver or for the 64 bit driver
Right click computer, and choose manage, then device manager
In the Sound, Video and Game controller group you will see a device called "Windows High Defintion" - delete this by selecting and pressing delete
Now having removed this device from your system you should run the Dell Sigmatel Driver EXE you downloaded previously
Your system will prompt for a restart upon install
When you restart you will get the reassuring sound of the Windows 7 start up tune and all will now be well !

Reaction score
Tried it to no avail

Ian,

Thanks, I tried it but it didn't work for me. I get an error

"ExitError.Error=Device Object not present, restart the system and run setup again."

I have gotten this numerous times when trying to install, and haven't figured a way around it.

T

Reaction score
Ian, just got it working. I did a BIOS update, and rebooted then it started working. ODD, becasue in the original bios it saw the audio controller. I got it working though, thanks,
tony

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Glad it's now working, I'll mark this thread as solved :)

Reaction score
I have been trying for a week now to get my audio card working on my Dell Inspiron 1721. I did the update to 7 and then lost audio, I found a driver that would install, but then the audio was pure digital garbage.
I have yet to find a driver that will work. I went to SigmaTel homepage but that didn't help either.
I upgraded to 7 64bit from a 32 bit version of Vista. Full program, not the upgrade. I am ready to dump 7 and go back to Vista.
I am having the same issue with my DELL E1505 I did the latest BIOS update from what I can tell which is A17 and still not working, anyone got suggestions

Reaction score
Hi badboy21 - Welcome to w7forums

I am having the same issue with my DELL E1505 I did the latest BIOS update from what I can tell which is A17 and still not working, anyone got suggestions
Did you also download the correct audio drivers? - I hate to ask but you did not specifically say you did.
Also which version of Windows are you using? - 32-Bit or 64-Bit?

Dell Drivers & Downloads for Inspiron 6400/E1505

Reaction score
Hi badboy21 - Welcome to w7forums

Did you also download the correct audio drivers? - I hate to ask but you did not specifically say you did.
Also which version of Windows are you using? - 32-Bit or 64-Bit?

Dell Drivers & Downloads for Inspiron 6400/E1505

Yes, I did but I get the "" Exit error =Device object Not Present " when I try to install the correct Sigmatel drivers. I'm running Windows 7 32-Bit this issue has come up with this new motherboard I had to get, ever since I installed it I've had this issue. I've tried update the BIOS, uninstalling and re-installing the Sigmatel drivers, etc. Under my device manager the HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO CONTROLLER is yellow with the error "THE DEVICE COULD NOT START (CODE 10)"

Reaction score
Does Windows Update have any optional updates for sound drivers?
Windows Update shouldn't have any problems finding drivers for a 32-Bit system and works very well on the 64-Bit system.

Ask a Question