SOLVED 'Show Desktop' is closing all active programmes

Reaction score
Hi,

I had a little problem the other day which was brilliantly solved by a person on this forum yesterday (see this thread: https://www.w7forums.com/win7-lost-all-styling-after-bsod-and-start-up-repair-t8734.html ).

The taskbar & the styling is now back to how it should be.

I do have one issue remaining which is a little annoying and wondered if one of the experts here can please point me in the right direction.

When I have windows open all over the place...you know how it is...browsers, PS, notepad blah blah, and I want something on the desktop, normally I just hit the show desktop thingy at far right of the taskbar and they are all minimised back down to the taskbar revealing..da-dah...the desktop.

EDIT:

I have just noticed something. It is not actually closing them just making the invisible. By pressing Ctrl+Windows Key + Tab I see all of the missing windows stacked up. I can then access them freely. However, they are not visible and are not openable from the taskbar icons as they should be

Well, its still doing that but instead of minimising the open windows, it's closing them.

Not good. Much unsaved work lost.

Does anybody know where the switch or box to tick for is for this, please?

Last edited:
Reaction score
OK, folks. I figured it out. Sorry for wasting these electrons and pixels.:embarassed:

Ask a Question