scanner drivers

Reaction score
why is it that company like HP can write print drivers but not a scan driver to make 64 bit Windows 7 work on any of their all-in-one printer/fax/scaners? I ws told by Tech Suppor in HP today thatthis was "not technologically possible". Is there a work-around available anywhere?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi royvb - Welcome to w7forums

They do have 64-Bit drivers for scanners.

If you can not find a Windows 7 64-Bit driver for your scanner, look for a Vista 64-Bit driver. However if your scanner is older than say five or so years, there may not be a 64-Bit driver for your scanner available.

Companies can only support their hardware so many years. They must draw a line somewhere, unfortunately it seems to render older hardware useless with the newer 64-Bit Operating Systems

Which scanner do you have?
Maybe someone here can help you get it working with Windows 64-Bit.

Reaction score
scan drivers

They tell me at HP support that they don't. I had a HP 3055 and went out and replaced it with an HP 1319f MPF, which claims 64 bit compatibility, but the scanner goes only to tif, bmp or jpg formats - not PDF as did the 3055 scanner - and that is the format I need. These are not very old HP products

Reaction score
scan drivers

I'm finding conversion programs to go from tif to pdf - but that is pretty tedious

Reaction score
Reaction score
The problem is NOT that HP does not have 64 bit drivers for this hardware. It's that these drivers do not support its scan function. Only print and fax. That deficiency is (hey say) supported by their product description for them that says "Some features may not be available." - as in, all scanning!

On PDF/TIF support, I am assuming that such a program would support the conversion regrdless of whether the file had been created on 64 bit or 32 bit technology. Is that a bad or incorrect assumption?

Last edited:

Ask a Question