Samsung Keylogger Software: VIPRE Mistaken as StarLogger

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I don't think you ever could. They aren't like a desktop you can build yourself from components.

Reaction score
We are moving away from laptops in this house anyway. When our HP finally dies we might just get get an ipad or other brand equivalent and keep this one desk top.
Other option which would be expensive would be to buy a new lappy then completley format it back to zero and install your one O/S onto it.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well to repeat, there was no keylogger, but to answer Mychael's suggestion ...

You can always download the same version OS; extract all the drivers, and then format and reinstall the OS using the same key. That would ensure you don't have a keylogger and have a nice clean install. But you would also loose any actual manufacturer software you do want.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Can you even buy a bare bones laptop anymore? One with nothing on it at all not even an O/S.
When I had a notebook computer several years ago, in addition to my desktop, the first thing I did was wipe the HDD clean with a low-level format and then installed Windows XP Professional and then all the appropriate drivers. I then installed the software I use and wanted.

So it can be done, one just has to create the "bare bones" notebook by doing what I did above and going from there.

I have also done this for several clients lately with notebooks and netbooks, installed the exact same edition of the Windows 7 OS that they had and used their original activation keys and went from there. This included the Windows 7 Starter that is used on netbooks.

Ask a Question