SOLVED Recycle Bin will not open

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Yeah, at this point I would probably give that undelete program that you bought one last try but if that doesn't work then I'm afraid they are gone for good.

Note: your digital camera's flash card should work in a very similar fashion to your hard drive so you might plug that in and run your undelete software on that drive too, just to see if maybe some of the files you seek are deleted but still on there. Never hurts to try.

Reaction score
Good News, Part 2: I used the Recovery program on Disk J. Disk J is a newly installed 1Tb disk which had nothing else on it. It found 217 raw files (Nikon .NEF) using 3.44 Gb of storage space. These were exactly the ones I wanted and they are now happily downloaded.

Thanks very much.

James H

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
That is great news, I will mark this solved.

In the future I would encourage you and all computer users to back-up your important data regularly (to an external hard drive that is only turned on when making the back-ups, if at all possible). There are many times, such a total hard drive failure or a destructive virus, when recovering your data from the regular drive may not be possible.

Ask a Question