SOLVED Reassign win+tab to mouse?

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
I'm suffering from Linux withdrawal, and one of my most prominent symptoms is clicking the wheel button on my mouse to pull up Scale (Exposé in OSX), which of course isn't happening. I know there's a window switcher of sorts that you can access through Windows+Tab. However, I'd rather use the mouse. Is there a way that you know of to assign the mouse's wheel button to do what Windows+Tab does?

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi Core

Not so much in Windows but depending what Mouse you have you can.

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem. I use a Logitech Anywhere Mouse. When I plug it into a Vista computer, it automaticly assigns the window switcher button to flipshot 3D. Not the case in windows 7.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Core - try this free little application and see if it will work for you!

WizMouse makes your mouse wheel work on the window under the mouse Software
Download WizMouse 1.0.0.7 [572 Kb]

WizMouse is FREE!

However, if you find WizMouse useful and would like to help to support further development, you can make a donation by clicking on this button.

"Makes your mouse wheel behave the way it always should have."
Works on 32 and 64 bit versions of Windows 2000, XP, Vista and Windows 7

• Scrolls windows under the mouse without having to click first
  • Enables the mouse wheel in applications that don't support mouse wheels

WizMouse is a mouse enhancement utility that makes your mouse wheel work on the window currently under the mouse pointer, instead of the currently focused window. This means you no longer have to click on a window before being able to scroll it with the mouse wheel. This is a far more comfortable and practical way to make use of the mouse wheel.

WizMouse can also optionally enable the mouse wheel in applications that don't support it. It does this by translating mouse wheel commands into scroll bar commands that all applications can understand and process.

Once WizMouse has been installed and is active, configure it by double clicking on the WizMouse icon in the system tray.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
It is useful, but it doesn't do anything in terms of providing an Exposé effect..

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Most buttons are assignable, you may be able to create a macro and then assign it to the scroll wheel via the mouse software.

For Windows mice try the latest Intellipoint 7.1 ...
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/download/download.aspx?category=MK

For Logitech mice I suggest the latest Setpoint 6.00.68. Click select file to specify 32 or 64-bit OS ...
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/428/6536?section=downloads&bit=&osid=14

If you have logitech, the added functionality of setpoint-uberInstall may be exactly what you need (Enable all options on all buttons) ...
http://uberoptions.net/

NOTE: UberInstall for SetPoint 6.00 in Win 7 64-bit does work, you just have to specify NO, Continue anyway and then the new locations of the files uberOptions needs to install are:
C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPointP
C:\ProgramData\LogiShrd\SetPointP\Devices

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
How did you assign the button to the shortcut, though? I don't see that option under control panel/mouse. I tried Setpoint, but it doesn't have any config options for me, perhaps the mouse isn't compatible.

[edit] I downloaded Switcher 2 and got it to do precisely what I wanted. It's quite configurable and seems to work great under Win 7 x64. I like it better than Aero Flip, as well, but that's probably just 'cause it's what I am used to.

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If setpoint recognizes your mouse and/or keybord then there will be tabs "keyboard" and "mouse" beside the tab that says "tools" - unfortunately the problem you have with setpoint is the same one I have, My trackball is logitech but it is old so they stopped supporting it, therefore I do not get the MOUSE tab in order to assign and utilize my center button, My left and right, scroll wheel all work fine w/ native win 7 drivers so all I need is that one little tiny feature but no.

Ask a Question