random short term freezes and judders

Reaction score
ooh, i'll try that, thanks!

i'm currently running vista to see if that improves things any and if anything it's worse so i'll do that then reinstall 7 i think

Reaction score
upped my CPU voltage slightly and my RAM voltage which doesn't appear to have helped :(

since it's been a while i'll run through what i've done and if anyone has suggestions i'm all ears.

CPU stress tests - many different ones, all negative
Mem test - negative
CUDA test - negative
fresh windows 7 install - no effect
replaced motherboard - no effect
replaced PSU - no effect
temporary vista use - no effect

i may've done other stuff and forgotten it too, any more ideas?

//EDIT: I'm tending to think that since replacement motherboard had no effect and RAM issues tend to result in blue screening that the CPU is most likely to be at fault. It's also unlikely to be BIOS settings since it was a problem that developed rather than being dodgey from the offset.

//EDIT: I've just had a thought, could it be related to my internet/network? It seems odd but my internet and spotify are amongst the worst things to screw up. Steam games are bad too.

Last edited:
Reaction score
i've turned off windows defender, i think it might've been causing an issue with my Anti-Virus, didn't do it long ago but so far it's looking possible...

//EDIT: it's not FIXED the problem but it seems to have reduced the effect... anyone know if Avira Anti-Virus has issues with Windows 7?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Computer scientist friend wonders if it could be the anti-vir freezing in kernel mode, in safe mode for a couple of days to test it, will let you know what the result is.

Ask a Question