Random BSOD when playng games.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
ntfs is a windows system file, it's not the actual problem.

Your motherboard choices would appear to be rev 1.0 or rev 1.1

If Catalyst uninstall uninstalls the drivers then just be sure to reinstall w/o the control center.

Besides trying the variations of older, current, and beta video drivers another option could be to try a different video card :banghead:

Sorry, don't know what else to suggest.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My mobo version is already on the latest driver which is F5 Version..

Will try that catalyst option.. Downloading now.

I'm done with current, I'll be doing the beta version.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I thought you were going to uninstall and then try a beta video driver ... so, any update from you? Did you do that?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well all but one of the DMPs just point to general Windows files and you said your Windows updates are up-to-date so that isn't the problem.

One does point to the video driver but I don't know what to suggest there since you said you tried the current and the beta.

AVG has been known to cause trouble on some machines. I suggest you uninstall that and install MSE. If it doesn't help you can always reinstall AVG. In your current situation I think you need to try everything that might even be a small possibility so I think it is worth trying.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well you could definitely test your RAM 6-8 passes overnight with Memtest86+ ... but RAM doesn't normally go bad and if it was a manufacturing defect then you should have been getting these BSOD errors ever since the machine was built.

Reaction score
but RAM doesn't normally go bad and if it was a manufacturing defect then you should have been getting these BSOD errors ever since the machine was built.
I did have BSOD since the machine was built. I already run memtest86 a couple of days ago but i don't get any errors.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well it's possible it is your RAM because Memtest isn't perfect.

As I said before, I'm at a loss and it will take someone with more knowledge than I or a lot of trial and error on your part. Sorry.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I haven't seen the last of our "regular" BSOD experts in over 6 months (maybe they all moved to Windows 8?). I'm afraid you will have to try a different forum if you can't figure it out from the things we discussed.

Reaction score
Problem Solved. All I have to do is, Go to Bios and Restore to Fail-Safe Default Settings. :) LOL.

Ask a Question