Pre release of IE9 is here

Reaction score
I prefer to wait patiently until a couple or so weeks after the final version has been launched. I will leave it to you lot to iron out the bugs.:D:D:D

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I think it's a good thing that IE9 won't support XP. Trying to provide endless backwards compatibility has always hindered innovation, not advanced it. If Microsoft kept on catering to the XP crowd, it would take forever for us to properly move on to 64-bit architecture.
Thank you very much for this perspective, XP kept Microsoft afloat during the Vista years, but it is now a disposable OS, now that Windows 7 is here. By keeping XP around forever, we'll never get past the "should I go for 64 bit, or stick with the 32 bit that has served me well for 10+ years?" 64 bit is what's on the shelves, it's no longer the future, and it's time for us all to move forward. We can't fully benefit from 64 bit technology by hanging in the past. This is not saying to cut off service to those who cannot upgrade at this time, but Microsoft cannot continue to pour cash into a slowly dying OS and fully support research & development. Support XP SP3 with vital security updates, and leave it to the user to protect their system. A good AV with a malware scanner will do. Win 2K, XP SP2 and Vista (w/no SP) will be dropped this year. Those users can hang around for a while on their own by applying those same practices. For the rest of us, it's time for us to march forward, and don't look back. There's no promise that the road forward will be a piece of cake, but risk is a vital part of success.

Reaction score
"Windows IE Platform Preview 1.97745.6019".

catilley,
yes mate got my emails yesterday and have done same it is kind of cool to see Microsoft changing their IE Browser,I have read in win 8 IE 9 will surely be there however the exciting info is FINALLY they(Microsoft) are giving US(Microsoft Genuine Software Users) the choice of which BROWSER WE WANT TO USE ON INSTALLATION,cool as I say.GO FOR IT MICROSOFT as for me I like and have tried all the available browsers and IE is good enough for my use.
thankyou catilley for your information
respectfully
jeffreyobrien

This morning, in my weekly email from Microsoft, I saw the chance to try out IE9. In fact, that's what I'm using now, however, it's unsupported at this time. It's called "Windows IE Platform Preview 1.97745.6019". That's what shows at the top of the screen when using it. The page is rather plain, and there are only four options at the top of the page, " Page, Debug, Report Issue, Help". There's no print options. Finally, Windows is moving forward with a new browser, and hopefully it will be a good one. There's yet to be a place for favorites. Being that I like to try new products, I'll give this one a whirl. Hopefully, some of you received the same email with the offer, I get almost every Microsoft newsletter available, and they're coming out with new products all of the time. But one thing with this browser, you don't yet have the option to select a home page, and you must type in to your home page, so that you can browse further. But so far, no ads! That's an improvement in itself. And at the present time, it's twice as fast as IE8 or FF

Reaction score
When online using IE 8 there was a BUG which was dealt with it's the last link here anyway it should address all the user's that have trouble downloading IE8 for win 7 X64bit browser be sure to be SURE
1 Jan 2010 ... The code bug is this: Often when you visit web sites and are using Internet Explorer 8 on 64-bit Windows 7, you are redirected...
broadcast.oreilly.com/2010/.../ie8-64-bit-windows-7-and-the-m-1.html

regards

jeffreyobrien

Windows 7 Ultimate E RTM (x86 and x64) Official Microsoft DVD ISO ...

27 Jul 2009 ... Please can anyone point me to Windows 7 x64 Ultimate ... Download Internet Explorer 8 (IE) Add-On Feature Pack (K968771) for Windows 7 E and ...
www.mydigitallife.info/.../windows-7-ultimate-e-rtm-x86-and-x64-official-microsoft-dvd-iso-images-leaked-download/ - Cached - Similar

Internet Explorer 8 64-bit

18 May 2009 ... After installing Internet Explorer 8 64-bit version I discovered that Adobe does not have a Flash Player compatible with a 64-bit browser.
windows7forums.com/windows-7.../5877-internet-explorer-8-64-bit.html - Cached - Similar 64 bit Internet Explorer for Windows 7‎ - 18 Mar 2010
32-bit vs. 64-bit Comparison‎ - 2 Aug 2009
How to use IE8 64-bit as default‎ - 22 May 2009
IE8 64bit and IE8 32bit both installed?‎ - 17 Jan 2009
More results from windows7forums.com »

64bit and x64 - Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows 7 ...

arrow 64bit Windows 7 arrow Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows 7 Release Candidate for x64-based Systems (KB970858) ...
www.start64.com/index.php?option=com_content... - Cached - Similar

IE8 64-bit Windows 7 and the Mobile Code Bug (Part 2) - O'Reilly ...

1 Jan 2010 ... The code bug is this: Often when you visit web sites and are using Internet Explorer 8 on 64-bit Windows 7, you are redirected...
broadcast.oreilly.com/2010/.../ie8-64-bit-windows-7-and-the-m-1.html - Cached

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
I prefer to wait patiently until a couple or so weeks after the final version has been launched. I will leave it to you lot to iron out the bugs.:D:D:D
I'm of the same mind on that andsome ... must be getting patent in my old age :D

Reaction score
I would try it if there is a back & forward button, address bar, search option, and tabs. Thats pretty much all I need. :)

Ohh and don't forget the stop and refresh buttons, I need them at times.

Reaction score
Hello everyone,wow this IE9 browser is so fast I like it,WHEN I downloaded it a certificate was FLASHED UP so i went into Credential Manager in control panel then clicked on Certificate-based Credentials & took a look at UNTRUSTED CERTIFICATES,to my shocked amazement being I assumed SOMETHING WAS VERY WRONG seeing activity after I go OFFLINE.

WOW to my amazement there were two certificates BOTH FRAUDULENT NOT MICROSOFT & VERISIGN ALSO they were giving FULL ADMIN RIGHTS TO MANY security related Issues which make anyone feel totally USELESS ABOUT KEPING THIS OFF WIN7 does anyone else have these two certificates in their credential certificate based Manager:
(1)microsoft corporation Verisign Commercial Software CA Expire 01/02/2002 FRAUDULENT NOW SET TO NONE(DISABLED)from enabled it WAS SET TO BE USED BY ADMIN AFTER 5PM (i go offline at 5pm daily)
(2)microsoft corporation Verisign Commercial Software CA Expire 31/1/2002 NOW SET TO NONE DISABLED this also had FULL ADMIN RIGHTS AND A KEEP ALIVE INTERNET & SETUP TO USE THE LOOPBACK 127.0.0.1\255.255.) CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN HOW THEY ARE INSTALLED BECAUSE I DONT SEE ANY INFO REGARDING THESE and MY FRIEND had the SAME EXACT TWO ON HIS PC WHICH WORRIED ME AS WE BOTH HAD THE NEW COMPUTERS SETUP AT SAME LOCATION & WE HAVE BOTH BEEN COMPROMISED SINCE 12/03/2010
Any help would REALLY BE APPRECIATED
respectfully
jeffreyobrien

Ask a Question