Poor character definition

Reaction score
Hello

I experience poor character lisibility since i installed Win7. Here is a snapshot of an Excel sheet section. Somje parts of some characters are not well defined. I have the same problem in some Windows web page.

I can't use the clear type option because it cause problem with a screen my Textsnap, a text capture software.

Could it be my graphic card?. I have downloaded the latest upgrade. Had to use the Vista 64 version since no driver was available for Win7

Any solution ?

Martin

Attachments

Reaction score
Is every font like this, even in applications like calculator? The images that you posted don't look right at all, but I can't tell if that's JPG image compression causing it, or if the fonts really do look that bad, could you confirm this?

Which graphics card do you have and I'll have a look to see if I can find any Windows 7 drivers (although I doubt thats the problem it won't hurt to try). :)

Reaction score
Is every font like this, even in applications like calculator? The images that you posted don't look right at all, but I can't tell if that's JPG image compression causing it, or if the fonts really do look that bad, could you confirm this?

Which graphics card do you have and I'll have a look to see if I can find any Windows 7 drivers (although I doubt thats the problem it won't hurt to try). :)
Hello Spearace.

4:30 am here in Montreal, just wake-up. Yes, i confirm that the picture look like what i have experienced. I have downloaded last drivers, but no luck.

My video card is ATI Radeon 2600 Pro (pci).

Clear type: When enabled, my Textsnap text capture wont work.

I will try to work arround the font. Actual install: Calibri a Clear type font.

Take care
Martin

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
Hi Mtheriault:

Your most recent screenshots with ClearType enabled look much better than the first set you posted, I can't see anything wrong with them?

Have you verified the maximum display settings for your monitor? Make sure that you know the correct Hz (usually 60 for LCD's), and resolution (Example 1600x1200), and then check your graphics drivers to be sure Windows is set to the exact settings that match your monitor. If you use an LCD, it should be set to the maximum resolution the LCD supports for best clarity.

Reaction score
Hi Mtheriault:

Your most recent screenshots with ClearType enabled look much better than the first set you posted, I can't see anything wrong with them?

Have you verified the maximum display settings for your monitor? Make sure that you know the correct Hz (usually 60 for LCD's), and resolution (Example 1600x1200), and then check your graphics drivers to be sure Windows is set to the exact settings that match your monitor. If you use an LCD, it should be set to the maximum resolution the LCD supports for best clarity.
Hello Kougar

Thanks for the reply.

As i mentionned in the original post, the clear type mode, when enabled, will caused problem to a text screen capture process.

I have developped some procedures to capture text data on the screen and copy it to my Excel Worsheet using text capture software,Textsnap. When clear type is on, i can't capture the text on the screen.

So yes the readability of the characters is better, but i can't use it.

Martin

P.S. Please excuse my English, i'm more fluent in French

Reaction score
It appears to me that the letters W X and Y all seem to be lighter than the others. Am I the only one seeing this?

Reaction score
It appears to me that the letters W X and Y all seem to be lighter than the others. Am I the only one seeing this?

Hello Cracker39

No it is more generalised than just these 3. Some font are worst than others,

Quest continu

Martin

Ask a Question