Poll: What do you think of the new IE?

What do you think of the new IE?

• I prefer to use IE8.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Awesome thread so true when you see the differences makes you wonder why Microsoft never keep the really liked & used browser options with IE6,IE7,IE8,were as you put it left off IE9 beta.

As for my eyes m8 well I have had two lots of laser surgery,had glass fragments removed after years of blinking & that was shredding my eye sight & didn't know it.I have Just had Inocular lenses put into my eyes with next week I get my new Laser correction surgery which with what the Doctors are capable of today my 10% vison will be as it should be 20/20 God Willing finger's crossed

thanks for giving me inspiration I am looking forward to seeing again that is a 100% fair Dinkum Statement.

have an awesome day
regards
Jeffrey

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Jeffrey, that is awesome. I'll be pulling for you 100%. As they say in Boston, wicked cool, wicked cool!

Make sure you do whatever it takes during the healing and rehab process to get back quickly.

Reaction score
Wish my eye doctor couldfix my eyesight

Good luck with your eye surgery. I'm a type 1 diabetic and without my eyeglasses my vision is worse than 20/400. I've had lase treatments in both eyes for Diabetic Retinopathy. They got to my left eye in time, but the right eye was too late. I can only see to the side out of my right eye. Because of that I can't get the correct eyeglass prescription for the right eye, as I can't see the board in the doctor's office. I sure hope your eye situation turn's out 100% better than mine did.
Awesome thread so true when you see the differences makes you wonder why Microsoft never keep the really liked & used browser options with IE6,IE7,IE8,were as you put it left off IE9 beta.

As for my eyes m8 well I have had two lots of laser surgery,had glass fragments removed after years of blinking & that was shredding my eye sight & didn't know it.I have Just had Inocular lenses put into my eyes with next week I get my new Laser correction surgery which with what the Doctors are capable of today my 10% vison will be as it should be 20/20 God Willing finger's crossed

thanks for giving me inspiration I am looking forward to seeing again that is a 100% fair Dinkum Statement.

have an awesome day
regards
Jeffrey

Reaction score
In IE6 I could have every toolbar active, put things exactly where I wanted them and it only required two lines but the brains (or lack there-of) at Microsoft decided that was too convenient so now you pay for every toolbar you want with webpage real estate.
View attachment 1535
That is precisely why I stopped using IE after IE6. I too became increasingly annoyed with having to turn off "features" in IE8, just to extract a bit more viewing space. Microsoft did it right with IE6, so I am hoping that IE9 will at least attempt to come close to that GUI layout. I would love to talk to the software architect who thought that the IE8 layout was a development step forward. It doesn't take a programming genius to see that IE8 takes up far too much space. Of course, this is a matter of personal preference. I like a streamlined look.

Regardless of whatever Microsoft does with IE9, I would never use IE as my primary browser again. The last time I did that was IE6. Then I made the switch to FF 2.0.0.10 and haven't missed IE since.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Poll: What do you think of the new IE

Jeffrey, that is awesome. I'll be pulling for you 100%. As they say in Boston, wicked cool, wicked cool!

Make sure you do whatever it takes during the healing and rehab process to get back quickly.
As they say in Boston, wicked cool, wicked cool! thanks heaps m8 for the inspiration Yodap,here down under we use term fully sic & fair dinkum with wicked cool I can say I feel very positive after the ophthalmologist said my retina is re attached YAHOO Wicked Cool ! as for my Macular they got it in time,Laser surgery corrected it & because I was injured in Granville train disaster way back in 1977 here is a link of the man that freed me from being trapped with glass in my eyes & head from impact.

regards
Jeffrey

Reaction score

Good luck with your eye surgery. I'm a type 1 diabetic and without my eyeglasses my vision is worse than 20/400. I've had lase treatments in both eyes for Diabetic Retinopathy. They got to my left eye in time, but the right eye was too late. I can only see to the side out of my right eye. Because of that I can't get the correct eyeglass prescription for the right eye, as I can't see the board in the doctor's office. I sure hope your eye situation turn's out 100% better than mine did.
brkkab,I sure hope your eye situation turns out 100% better than mine did.Buddy I am sorry about your eye situation,yes I remember when I only had sight from one part of my left eye & to me it was all the eye sight I was told to expect ever.Professor Fred Hollows passed his expertise about eyes to the very surgeon that saved me from being totally legally Blind to now I drive my car,I see long distances 20/20 but up close its as blurred as smoke or fog in front of them.With todays medical breakthroughs we blind (vision ) impaired people can & will see again I have total faith in Doctors especially with technology we have today.

again thank you brkkab.

respectfully
jeffreyobrien

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Jeffrey, I hope that you're doing well. And hope that your surgery is a success.:)

As for the "new" IE, things haven't gone good today. It has crashed multiple times, and I have no choice but to continue using Firefox. I can see once, but at least seven times today? This is unacceptable performance, for a browser that started with no problems, with lots of promise, then goes in reverse.

I could have seen this happening on the first few days, but as time goes, any piece of software should improve, not slide backwards. IE9 still has a long way to go, and as another member stated, "too little, too late". Not enough add ons, way too many ads, and constantly crashing today (on different OS's) is sufficient reason to drop IE9 (and to be fair, any other browser as well). Beta or not.

IE's "glory" days ended with the release of IE8, and there's no reason to expect things to improve, given the success of the alternatives.

I will always maintain that while Bill Gates was in charge of things, he ran a tight ship. He always demanded perfection from his employees, and nothing less. He took it to the competition with everything that he had, remember the "browser wars" of the 90's, he picked apart a leader at that time, Netscape, and disposed of them. He had IE on a huge roll, but now that he's gone, IE is steadily becoming a laughing stock of a browser.

If it were not for the fact that IE ships with Windows, it would sink fast. Windows is the only reason that IE's stock is so high today, not that everyone actually uses it, just as everyone does not use their backup, defrag, disc cleaner, and other products.

XP will probably outlast IE, as far as popularity goes.

Cat

Reaction score

catilley,
hi buddy glad to hear from you,thanks for inspiration it gives me confidence alls looking good for my operation they told me that colors will be very bright,clear as well to expect some glare from bright sunlight.I am so excited m8 next week is going to be the best week in my life.God Willing !

Quote:IE9 I will always maintain that while Bill Gates was in charge of things, he ran a tight ship. He always demanded perfection from his employees, and nothing less. He took it to the competition with everything that he had, remember the "browser wars" of the 90's, he picked apart a leader at that time, Netscape, and disposed of them. He had IE on a huge roll, but now that he's gone, IE is steadily becoming a laughing stock of a browser.YES catilley I believe your right about Bill Gates & his presents being noticed by his staff was great.I reckon that is why IE 6 was all the go,as for IE8 well you can be well informed mate,Mary Jo has told me in an email that the very woman responsible for work in IE6 with two managers from IE8 team have Joined forces together to make IE9 beta a success No matter what,Bill Gates isn't around however I am not saying that they will scrap IE all together but I would like to see GUI from IE6 be implemented into IE9 as we know IE6 wasn't that bad because it knocked off Netscape & won the battle but the war still goes on.

I have downloaded minefield and FF again to use until IE9 is at least released.catilley try uninstalling IE9 beta as that will restore you back to IE8 as it was prior to installing IE9 beta.

I did it under advice from trainableman & I was glad I did.One point I want to ask you if after you installed IE9 beta did you also see the install software from Microsoft windows live ID Sign in Assistant? it come to me during the actual install,then I found a fake credential which of course made me delete it as fast as I could.I have now settled down my system is running about 70% its slower than usual and I feel another format & install is due but I will try a restore to day prior to release of IE9 beta.

On same note,remember I downloaded that beta SP1 well maybe that's caused conflict with windows live Assistant sign in which caused my system to play up similar to your IE9 problems today.

catilley,thanks for reply great to see that your right onto IE9 beta,again thanks m8 for operation confidence is High thankyou everyone.

respectfully
Jeffrey

Ask a Question