Pinnacle Studio 14 'Ultimate' gives BSOD

Reaction score
I'd be surprised if you didn't have .Net Framework in Windows 7 Home Premium. Uninstall your Pinnacle product completely, and then clear its remnants:

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

Now try installing it again. Pinnacle support forums can tell you more on this issue.
Thank you!
Downloaded on ran it. It found the Pinnacle plugins (which I knew were there), and removed them.
I then re-checked for 'pinnacle' in revo but it found nothing.

Sadly, when I re-tried Pinnacle install, it came up with the same failure as before:

"Requires .Net Framework 2.0....":confused:

Will try looking in Pinnacle fora. when I can find them.

Reaction score
If this is Pinnacle old version then the installer may be looking for .NET 2.0 - while yours is 4.
This is the latest: "Pinnacle Studio 14 Ultimate", using the installer on the DVD.
(It installed without problem - in the days before I had applied the updates advised earlier in this thread, though often gave BSOD in operation...)

You say "Yours is 4", but when I ran the .Net 2.0 installer netfix64.exe (I think that was its name) it reported "Already installed", though the Pinnacle installer says "Need .Net Framework 2.0; please install it".

I tried to get revouninstall to remove .net F 2.0 (so I could then try re-installing that), but couldn't see that entry in its list, nor could it find as ".net*".

Reaction score
You say "Yours is 4", but when I ran the .Net 2.0 installer netfix64.exe (I think that was its name) it reported "Already installed", though the Pinnacle installer says "Need .Net Framework 2.0; please install it".

Man, that's why I says "yours is 4" - it already includes .net 2.0, and of course no need at all to mess with that. Do nut attempt to uninstall or reinstall .net framework!

Another cause I could think of is perhaps your .net framework component is disabled in Control Panel -> Programs and Components -> Turn Windows Features In/Off. Ensure it's turned on.

Reaction score
Thank you!

Will try looking in Pinnacle fora. when I can find them.
Looked in there. Plenty of reports of the problem, but no solution seems to have been offered!:mad:

Have appended my report, just in case someone out there....

Reaction score
Have now re-installed Windows7 (Home Premium), after which Pinnacle Studio 14 Ultimate re-installed without problem.

NEW PROBLEM: No sound from new install of W7 !
(No problem if boot up e.g. Linux)

Sound card is an Intel 82801J1 HD audio controller, on the PCI Express bus.

Reaction score
Have now re-installed Windows7 (Home Premium), after which Pinnacle Studio 14 Ultimate re-installed without problem.

NEW PROBLEM: No sound from new install of W7 !
(No problem if boot up e.g. Linux)

Sound card is an Intel 82801J1 HD audio controller, on the PCI Express bus.
The sound problem has now been solved (updated sound card driver from ASUS motherboard support DVD), and set Volume icon 'playback' to 'speakers'.

Original thread 'BSOD' title still holds until proved 'solved' by re-install and many W7 updates...

Reaction score
Take your time to download and install Windows 7 compatible drivers, whatever devices you haven't installed yet, and you will be fine. Should BSOD's resume, attach the .dmp's.

Ask a Question