Paint Shop Pro 8 crashing on Windows 7

Reaction score
I realise this is an old thread, but I am new to the problem. My version of PSP8 crashed every time I tried to crop a picture. I'm using Windows7.
I eventually cured the problem by right clicking the PSP8 icon, select 'properties', then 'compatibility' and tick the box for 'disable visual themes'. Apply the changes and close the dialogue. Start PSP and try cropping a picture.

I'm no expert and found it by trial and error, but it works on my system.

Bob

Reaction score
I realise this is an old thread, but I am new to the problem. My version of PSP8 crashed every time I tried to crop a picture. I'm using Windows7.
I eventually cured the problem by right clicking the PSP8 icon, select 'properties', then 'compatibility' and tick the box for 'disable visual themes'. Apply the changes and close the dialogue. Start PSP and try cropping a picture.

Bob

Thanks for posting this fix. I started using Win 7 this year, and had the same crashing problems. Tried your fix, and it's worked so far.

Reaction score

Bob
Thank you, Bob! I had the exact same crash on the crop problem as the OP. Yours was the only suggestion that worked. You may not be an "expert," but thanks to you, I can use my PSP 8 on Windows 7. You rock!

Reaction score

Bob
Bob, you're a genius! Have just 'upgraded' to windows 7 and was mightily disappointed to find my PSP8 no longer worked properly. There is a supposed MS fix, but it won't install on my laptop! Your fix works perfectly. (I now have my 'crop', 'clone' and 'resize' all working perfectly. Thank you so much - only registered on this site to post this!

Ask a Question