PAGE_FAULT, BAD_MEMORY_POOL errors

Reaction score
I've been having BSODs error windows for around two weeks, for no apparent reason; although I did to two driver utility programs to "ensure" I installed all the latest ones for my PC (Driver Genius, and Driver Update). I have since, in Safe Mode without Networking, run TDSSKiller, rikill and VIPRE Internet 2013 with a full system scan -- and no errors were reported. I had prior to that used the Immunization option of SpyBot-S&D Start Center, as well as a running a full scan with no errors reported.

I typically and predictably get BSODs from selecting Compose or Reply with Thunderbird 17 (and did also with the previous version). With some help from HP Tech Support, I ran "sfc /scannow" from a CMD window ("Run as Administrator") which fixed some errors, but found others, unknown. I'm attaching a ZIP archive, as well as some files to aid you, as suggested in the first thread of this Topic.

Attachments

Reaction score
Although I have minidumps (small) enabled (as per the "sticky" thread at the top of this topic) there are none there. However, I have CCleaner now NOT erase/clean "minidumps" as before, as I normally run it at the end of each power on session :>) I will send you some as soon as I can.

The latest BSOD (a BAD_MEMORY_POOL) occurred while in an Explorer Window attempting to look in the Windows\Minidump directory!?

I've edited this file to ATTACH a minidump after all! This PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA occurred from just viewing an email in Thunderbird!

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
Another PAGE_FAULT error minidump

While listenning to an audio file in Firefox (10.0.1), this BSOD error occurred.

Attachments

Reaction score
3 More BSOD/minidumps

In order, the first was caused in Firefox while listenning to a YouTube video; the other two were caused while using Windows Explorer attempting to double click into viewing the Windows/Minidump subdirectory.

Attachments

Shintaro

Reaction score
Please uninstall:
AODDriver2.sys Thu Apr 5 19:23:37 2012 (4F7D6499)
AMD Overdrive; also in EasyTune6 for Gigabyte motherboard
Open a command prompt and type in chkdsk /r
Your system will need to reboot for the check to happen.

If, after you uninstall the above and check your disk you still have crashes.
Then please run Driver Verifier and post the crash files to the forum.

(Borrowed from Zigzag3143 posts)

Driver verifier

Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

So, I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise.
Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

Then, here's the procedure:

1. Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
  2. Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
  3. Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
  4. Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Special Pool", "Force Pending I/O Requests" and "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
  5. Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
  6. Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
  7. Select "Finish" on the next page.

• Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen.
  • Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly.
  • The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out.

If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation.

Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
I ran "chkdsk /f" without errors. According to "AMD VISION Engine Control Center" installed on my system, "LCD Overdrive" is not enabled for either my built-in LCD or flat-panel "projection" displays. Thus that driver "AODDriver2.sys" should not be in use! Now what? And frankly I don't know how to access it otherwise, except to go straight to its directory and delete it -- which of course should never be done with a system driver, to properly uninstall it!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Not in use is not the same as not installed. If it doesn't help you can always reinstall it but isn't it worth trying?

Shintaro

Reaction score
TM is correct. The driver is still loaded. You need to uninstall things that are known to cause crashes.
There is no way to know if another app is using the functions in the driver.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The BSOD error(s) seem(s) to be fixed WITHOUT uninstalling the driver. I've since selected "Compose" and "Reply" [in Mozilla Thunderbird 17] which consistently HAD caused the BSOD errors, and now there are NO problems. The "chkdsk /f" option must have been the solution, although no errors were shown (unless they were in the free 100GB being scanned when I left it to run unattended -- and didn't come back until it had completed and the system had completed a new boot up).

In any case, how do I find a driver to uninstall using Device Manager, when I only know the name of the driver file?

Ask a Question