Oh, hi there!

Reaction score
Hi, hello, how are you, how's it going, what's going on, what's new, Guten Tag, Bonjour, Aloha...

Like George Carlin used to say, we've got lots of ways to say hello, so I just wanted to say, Hello!

I recently upgraded my main desktop machine and my HP laptop to Windows 7 x64, and overall things have been going very well. Not 100% perfect, but close enough to make me happy. I think Windows 7 is pretty darn sweet.

I love doing all kinds of things with my PCs -- general computing, gaming, writing music, you name it.

Sometimes I'm hesitant to be upfront about my allegiance with the Wintel platform, mainly due to fear of derision from, shall we say, "overconfident" users of other operating systems or people who just flat out don't trust Microsoft. Hopefully I don't have to worry about running into that here.

I'm not necessarily trying to start any friction, and I'd like to think that I'm open-minded -- in fact, I own an older iMac, and I just recently ordered a Mac Mini, which is on its way as we speak. I started out on an Apple //e, and I've also tried Linux.

After all, is Windows perfect? Have my machines always been problem-free? Of course not. Hardware can fail, and viruses and malware is a genuine threat. But as a community we have strength in numbers, and I can always rely on my skills and the vast pool of online information that is available to me in order to solve practically any issue that I might have.

Anyways, thanks for having me here.

Peace. :)

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi msdos622wasfun & welcome to Windows 7 Forums :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi there! Welcome to W7 Forums :D

Sometimes I'm hesitant to be upfront about my allegiance with the Wintel platform, mainly due to fear of derision from, shall we say, "overconfident" users of other operating systems or people who just flat out don't trust Microsoft. Hopefully I don't have to worry about running into that here.

I'm not necessarily trying to start any friction, and I'd like to think that I'm open-minded -- in fact, I own an older iMac, and I just recently ordered a Mac Mini, which is on its way as we speak. I started out on an Apple //e, and I've also tried Linux.
Always good to have someone open minded like this :D I'm not "anti" any OS, although Windows is by far my favourite at the moment. As much as Linux/MacOS are great for some people (and I sometimes use them), it's not my preference for any of my main PCs. It's always good to have a choice of OS types though, as it ensures there's some healthy competition and innovation.

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
Bonjour! :ciao: Welcome, you'll love it here. Promise.

Reaction score
Thanks Ian and BetaMan, and yes I agree that we really should live in a world where people can choose the software and/or OS that's best for them based on a healthy mixture of available options (which pretty much applies to technology in general and, well, heck, almost everything else!). :)