Occasional BSODs

Shintaro

Reaction score
All good, please make sure that verifier is still running. At a command prompt type:
Code:
verifier /querysettings

Reaction score
This command is void, and it opens a window for about a milisecond which closes itselfs right away.

Shintaro

Reaction score
My apologies, you need to run the command with Administrator privileges.
Start -> type in "cmd" -> right click on cmd and click on "Run as Administrator"

Then type in
verifier /querysettings

Reaction score
It is disabled,which makes sense because i used the window restore point something tool.
How do I enable it without making my I/O being disabled (it seemed like that what happened when the verifier was on,i reached the user selection but could'nt use the mouse or keyboard to actually select the user)?

Shintaro

Reaction score
Go through the steps to enable Verifier, but this time instead of selecting all NON-Microsoft drivers. Only select drivers that start with "ati" "amd"

Reaction score
I need a little help here, in the drivers selecting window there are no shown ATI or AMD drivers, neither in the driver name or provider fields.
All the drivers are provded by Microsoft, Realtek, Ralink, PACE, mediafour, Macrovision, JMicron, Digidesign, AVAST, Advanced Micro Devices or <unknown>

Shintaro

Reaction score
You need to make sure that you READ the posts.

1/ Please uninstall Avast!, just until we find the problem. And use Microsoft Windows Defender. Make sure you update it.
(Hint: the text in BLUE are links to Web pages. Click on them with your left mouse button!)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For your information
- AVAST! is a Anti-virus program.

- Microsoft Windows Defender is Microsoft's Anti-virus program that comes built-in to Microsoft Windows so it is FREE and RELIABLE!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2/ Please try again but this time only select drivers that start with the letters "ati" for example atikmdag.sys

If you are looking at the provider column, you need to look to the left of that column for the name of the driver.

If you are still having trouble take a screen capture of verifier and I will highlight the drivers I want you to select.

If you still have problems and want to have a private conversation send me a message via INBOX on this forum.

******* example of the drivers from AMD (Advanced Micro Devices) /ATI

ATI.png

Reaction score
Okay,so no more BSODs.
The verifier is on since my last post here and the BSODs are over, though a new probelm occurs:
I get now a different kind of crashes: a program such as Skype, Dota, Firefox and etc just crash and after about a minute I receive a beatiful colorful screen and nothing responds (I can assume Windows has crashed aswell). The computer won't restart or shut itself down until I do it manually (no .dmp files are being dumped obviously).
I am thankful for all the help until now and looking forward for help with this issue.

Edit: Also the last sound that was outputted (if there is such a word) is constanly being outputted (cynic i know) as a repetitive ~0.2 seconds loop.
Iv'e also noticed that the colorful screen output may depend on the last frame that was screened, for example a Google.com fullscreen screen gives an almost white-only "colorful crash" screen, while a multi-colored frame gives a multi-colored crash screen.

Last edited:

Shintaro

Reaction score
Ok, please do the following:

1. Create a System Restore point.
  2. Run regedit as Administrator. Keyboard-initiated crash. In the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\i8042prt\Parameters, create a value named CrashOnCtrlScroll, and set it equal to a REG_DWORD value of 0x01.
You must restart the system for these settings to take effect.

After this is completed, when your computer crashes (Or freezes as you described) do the following key sequence: Hold down the rightmost CTRL key, and press the SCROLL LOCK key twice.

This will then create a crash dump file. Please post it to the forum. If you have any problem please just ask.

Last edited:

Ask a Question