SOLVED No sound on Asus P5LD2 SE

Reaction score
Hi,

Am having same problem on my P5ld2 se. Thing is I've had it before and followed the above instructions which fixed the problem. But recently used a faulty USB port which seems to have deleted drivers for my Soundcard (Soundmax) and my external hard drive. Have tried installing above driver but it says 'The audio driver files do not support your computer hardware'.

When I look in device manager no sound card shows, and nothing in the Sound tab of control panel too. Have also tried installing a realtek driver but when I restart after installation there is still nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Jubble

Reaction score
heeelp me please

Hi,
I'm not a guru in PC sciences :)
I've just installed Win7, and have no sound. My ASUS motherboard type is P5GV-MX.
Could you please help me to make a magic with my poor old PC?
Thank you very much!
Kangaroo

Reaction score
I'm having the same problems, but now trying this link only to get a blank page?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
plemaire, perhaps HERE

Please note that it says for 32-bit OS so if you have 64-bit it likely will not work.

Reaction score
Thanks Davehc this really helps me i have been searching audio device since midnight til morning . It works great thank you so much !! Big hugs for you :) and also thanks to pipple9 for asking this question :) you two are so cool :)

Reaction score
- go to ftp://ftp.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Driver/Audio/ ;
- select your audio device "ADI" (for your motherboard);
- download AD1988_Vista_61016110.zip (it is driver for the Vista audio card , which should work.
- unzip it it to a suitable place on your hard drive.
- open "Device Manager" window;
- right-click on your sound card and "update driver"
- in the next window select "Browse my computer"
- select the path where you unzipped the driver

When it has finished (hopefully) restart the computer. (This may not always be needed)

Ask a Question