NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl' : return code '0x2'

Reaction score
I'm trying to follow this tutorial to install ruby/tk. http://www.tkdocs.com/tutorial/install.html
Under the section for installing on windows they instruct to download Visual Studio 2010 (link provided on the webpage) to compile the source.

When I run the configure batch file;
win32\configure.bat --prefix=c:\ruby

I get this error:
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl' : return code '0x2'

How can I fix this?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
From Microsoft...

The given command or program called by NMAKE failed and returned the given exit code.
To suppress this error and continue the NMAKE session, use the /I option, the .IGNORE dot directive, or the dash (-) command modifier. To continue the NMAKE session for unrelated parts of the dependency tree, use the /K option.

Reaction score
From Microsoft...

The given command or program called by NMAKE failed and returned the given exit code.
To suppress this error and continue the NMAKE session, use the /I option, the .IGNORE dot directive, or the dash (-) command modifier. To continue the NMAKE session for unrelated parts of the dependency tree, use the /K option.
First of all......Thanks a lot for spending your time on this case. I also met the same problem, I can continue to compile openssl after I use /I , but no generated DLL which I want, such as openssl-1.0.2g\out32dll\libeay32.dll and libssl32.dll.

Ask a Question