SOLVED NEW MONITOR! HDMI seems to not work...

Reaction score
I finally got a new monitor, the 27" VX2739WM, I like it very much. DVI input is great, the colors are so much clearer than my old Dell 19" widescreen.

However, I cannot connect anything via the HDMI port, such as my PC or Xbox 360. I change the input to HDMI-AV and HDMI-PC in the on-screen menu, but it will just revert back to DVI without displaying any error or any image from the HDMI line. I have checked the cable connection, even used two different cables. Anyone have any ideas here?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Okay so you're using a ViewSonic VX2739WM monitor? Nice monitor BTW!

Are you using an HDMI cable with HDMI connectors on both ends?

You must have both the monitor and computer turned off. Then turn on the monitor first and then your computer and you should get signal via the HDMI connection.

Have you tried that yet?

Give us some more info please.

Many Thanks...
~Nibs

Reaction score
Thanks Nibs, and yes I am using an HDMI connector with male HDMI connectors on both ends. I tried what you said to do, both the monitor and comp were turned off. Still there was no result, the screen went blank and gave me a "No Signal" warning, then shut off.

I ended up taking it back to my local electronics store, they tested it with their fancy gadgets and said it was faulty. They gave me a new one, and HDMI works perfectly :D

Thanks again!
--WG

Ask a Question