SOLVED Need Inexpensive Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I purchased an LG IPS224T-PN 22" IPS monitor ($140 @ Newegg.com). There's no question that the IPS panel is a step up from a TN-type of panel and is definitely worth the money. Its very bright (almost too bright), and the text is sharp with neither the text nor windows backgrounds having any blurriness or graininess to them.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
I'm glad you found a monitor that makes your digital life a bit easier!

Reaction score
@Core: Thanks again for your help. You were certainly right about the clarity of the monitor. The biggest problem is its brightness. I've needed to turn it down in the hardware and software settings to get it viewable for long time frames.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
I find that this is an issue with pretty much any device I buy these days that has a display. I have had to turn down the default brightness on my monitors, my tablet, my phone, my PS Vita... Everything seems to be set for maximum battery drain from the get go, besides my eyes tend to be somewhat photosensitive. What I like about my IPS panel is that I can turn the brightness down without losing the clarity and readability of the text. Is that your experience as well?

Reaction score
@Core: For the most part it is also my experience. I'm just surprised at how far I have turn the monitor down.... Brightness is down to 64 (from 100), and Contrast is down to 42 (from 100). Gamma is also set down though not as much.

Again, my thanks for recommending the IPS style panel; definitely the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question