SOLVED navigation

Reaction score
I know this seems dumb after all these years, but having just purchased a laptop with WIn7 Home Premium. I'm not finding the usual links in Control Panel for things like Mouse controls and settings. It's simply not there Any clues? I use a mouse along iwth the laptop mounted finger pad.

thanks

sg

Reaction score
In addition, I would like be better organized this time around than I've previously been with numerous prior CPU versions (all in Windows, my spouse uses Mac), i.e., number of favorites, apps and security choices. Things saved I've never returned to. It's simply too much to remember all the passwords and utilization is a key element of having any resource. That said, I'm planning on using Archives.com, Norton 360 (all around), Real Player, iTunes, Googl e apps, Google groups, Google Chrome, dropbox, of course the old troll MS Office, a blogger and / or WordPress, a laser and an ink jet printer, Linked In, Branch Out and FB, WinZip and an image / picture organizer and ability to use a smartphone as a modem for the laptop, as a starting point. Suggestions are solicited for any an all ideas which would contribute to simplifying and navigation ease..

Thanks, folks,
sg

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
In Control Panel you may be seeing Category View. If so, in the upper right corner, change it to Large or Small Icon view. That should show you the controls more like XP.

You might check out our Freeware DB for some good apps. I recommend IMGBurn for DVD burning, CCleaner for periodic cleaning of your Hard drive & registry, since you seem to be a fan of Google you might want to try Picasa to manage your photos, and Keepass to remember passwords.

Reaction score

I think I got it. Thanks.

I gotta' tell ya', you guys are the best and most accessible source I've dealt with on the web. This is just great. I hope I will be able to contribute as much one day as you've shown the ability to do with me this week.

thanks
again

Reaction score
this is actually a new question-
OK so I've got W7HP OS. Though I well continue to use my comcast address since there are too many to track down and notice the change except through attrition, I intend to to use gmail as my primary email address.
I notice that when ever I use gmail and then leave the window, upon attempting to return I am having to bring it up and sign in again. What's that about?
thanks

skip

Ask a Question