Nasty malware! AVG free not killing it.

Reaction score
degragging

Thanks Cat and Trainableman...What you say re degragging makes complete sense to me :)so I'll do it say once a month manually (or more if I've deleted a lot of photos etc)...so I know when it is happening.... I know it must be frustrating but even though no advice I've had from a shop/Dell/Adobe etc etc has been 100% spot on (and I'm beginning to see the difference) I do like having the on the phone support...a security blanket for me for the next year...it has been such an awful time since I first got Windows 7 on the new Dell that I'm worn out just now....and as I've had the virus removed (3 hours) and help with the problems of "not responding" yesterday (2 hours) I don't think I'll swap just yet....I'll certainly keep this link for your recommendations for next year when my cover runs out, so I do appreciate your advice.
I've also got to uninstall my wireless USB adaptor (Netgear) now and reinstall as per the guidance from Netgear and AVG as it wasn't working completely right and it may be a compatibility problem....I hope I can do it OK...I'm SO weary:eek: Fingers crossed!

Reaction score
Compatability with printer...

Thanks for the update Blade runner -
I seem to have settled down now - eventually the issues were tracked to my 3 year old HP Photosmart printer not being compatible with something on the pc (even with the latest updates)...perhaps Windows 7, or one of the Adobe products....though it affected Excel and all sorts of things in the end...I now have uninstalled the HP printer and have bought a new Canon one but am waiting to use my new Lightroom 3 more before I install the printer....I've learned not to have too many new things at once - makes tracking down problems more difficult! :)

Ask a Question