My life in Blue Screen Hell

Shintaro

Reaction score
Reaction score
Do you have a subscription with Avast AV?

Just in the short term, please uninstall Avast.
Then once it is uninstalled follow these instructions to clean it:
[FONT=&quot]http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility

Once you hav[/FONT]e Avast completely removed, install MS Security Essentials (Anti virus and Malware).
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/security-essentials-download

Let us know how you go.

I really had some hope for this, but it has had no effect on my blue screens.

Here's another dump.

Attachments

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,

The following:
Asus ATK0110 ACPI Utility. Also a part of the Asus PCProbe and AISuite Utilities

needs to be uninstalled.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Mate,

The following:
Asus ATK0110 ACPI Utility. Also a part of the Asus PCProbe and AISuite Utilities

needs to be uninstalled.

Done. Went into device manager and uninstalled. What do you think it was doing?

I will check in at some point later with a status report.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,

Sorry for the slow responce.

How are things going?

A lot of the utilities written by motherboard companies, are just poorly written. And as such cause problem.

Cheers.

Reaction score
Slowly and painfully, my good man. Things are going slowly and painfully.

The crashing just keeps getting more frequent, and now usually happen in groups of three. Sometimes folders will not display any contents, even when I know they exist and are there. It will keep happening on more folders until I restart. Then it won't happen again for a week or so. Windows explorer keeps crashing and restarting too.

I haven't gotten paid yet so I haven't been able to buy anything to back up my files yet, so I haven't been able to reformat and reinstall windows, so I'm waiting on that.

I want to attach some dumps, but I keep getting errors when I try. Maybe some time later it will work.

Thanks for keeping at it, dude.

Reaction score
Last week my brother was looking into some stuff, and mentioned someone having problems because their motherboard was set to expect a pci video card when they had a pci-e card installed.

I went into my settings and found the same thing. I changed it to PCI-E and so far it hasn't fixed anything. I just thought it was worth mentioning.

here"s some dumps...

Attachments

Reaction score
I reformatted my hard drive. My computer fought me every step of the way as though possessed. Blue screen after blue screen while I was transferring files to my figurative life boat, a little laptop hard drive I borrowed from my brother. Finally I reinstalled windows and hoped it was all behind me.

Nope.

I blue screened nearly just as much after, and I couldn't get my perfectly functional modem to connect to the internet. But then after I reformatted and reinstalled again, I still couldn't get a dial tone through my modem, and still had blue screens. I was looking for the minidumps folder and noticed a folder called windows.old which had a bunch of stuff that was supposed to have been deleted. When I tried to delete it, windows would not let me, saying that the system denied my access. I was seething with rage at this point, and began to sputter obscenities at my computer.

So I had my brother hook my HD up to his computer and format it as close to factory default as possible, and get rid of windows stuff off of it. It took like, five hours.

I reinstalled windows, and the internet worked on my first attempt. It's been set up for about 13 hours now without a blue screen crash, and I haven't put any of my stuff back on it yet. I'm going to wait a few days before trying any games on it, as was advised earlier.

Do you have any advice on what I can do to poke or prod it into a stress situation to see if it wants to go right back to blue screening?

Reaction score
Well, three blue screens while I was asleep this morning, trying to let windows update download all night.

NONE of my old stuff is on here.

Here are the three minidumps, which I had to copy to the desktop before I could put them in a zip. I didn't have permission to read them.

I absolutely despise windows 7. If the investment of buying it wasn't such a big one that I don't have a choice to walk away from, I would want to use nearly anything else that would run the games I want to run. It's primary function seems to be to lock the user out of everything and to deny the admin permission to fix it.

Reaction score
I'm completely out of ideas. I'm now in my seventh month of this nightmare.

I reformatted, and haven't installed any games.

I haven't transferred any of my stuff back onto the hard drive

I've let windows update get itself up to date.

I'm using MS Security Essentials but it B.S. part way through the scan, just like it used to.

I checked my hard disk for errors, and it showed none.

It was suggested that if I reformatted and didn't install any games, and it still happened, it would point to a hardware problem. I need to know what hardware is the problem.

I don't have a sound card, the problem killed a good graphics card, windows says it's not my hard disk, it happens whether the modem is in use or not, and it's not my ram or my power supply.

Does this mean I can finally say for sure it's the motherboard?

Next Day Edit: it got through a MS SE scan for once this morning, probably out of spite, since I was trying to cause a BS deliberately this time... had a BS on restart a minute ago though...

Attachments

Last edited:

Ask a Question