MSE #10 in PC World top 100 products of 2010

Reaction score
Both were entered

This was back in December 2009, but both were copied and pasted from there email into the program and it didn't accept it at the time. After proving to them that I bought it, it took atleast 3 months to get my $30.00 refund from them. At the time, as I always do Firefox, IE and Opera were all tweaked for maximum speed. GData's double scanning everything, felt like I was back using dial-up internet instead of the DSL I had and have. After removing it and going back to PC Tools Internet Security my internet speed was back to normal. I stopped using PC Tools when the 2010 version came out, because the scheduled scanning speeds in that version more than doubled in how long it's scans took, compared to the 2009 version. I then went Norton and have since dumped that for MSE after it's subscription ran out. I may get Kaspersky in a few month's as I've heard the 2011 version is like Fort Knox. Maximum PC ran tests on it and it kicked a** and couldn't be penetrated, in the reviewers words.The Firewall was also number 1 on Matousek's site last month.I don't really need the firewall as my DSL modem and Netgear router both have hardware one's
Usually there's a user name and a serial key for the setup to continue, both of which are generated by G DATA

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Really to be honest, G DATA has not slowed down my speed at all when it comes to the internet, perhaps I'm fortunate.

Reaction score
Hmm

Well this was on my 2005 era ShopNBC/ V2 Premier with a P4 Prescott 3.4 w/HT and a DSL connection @768 kbps, but my speed slowed down while switching from website to website or during downloads. I've always used the various about:config tweaks in Firefox and Opera for faster browsing speeds. I've used the registry hack for IE for increasing it's performance. Back then on Vista all browsers performed fine, considering my isp's slow speed. The only time my speed bogged was when Gdata was installed. Before and after it Vista x86 and 2 gbs. ram performed good.
Really to be honest, G DATA has not slowed down my speed at all when it comes to the internet, perhaps I'm fortunate.

Ask a Question