Microsoft's login page's were (possibly) hacked

Reaction score
I believe Microsoft's various websites for logging in to our account's were hacked. Windows 8 Consumer Preview started failing to log me in on my other pc yesterday afternoon. NIS 2012, Malwarebytes free & SUPERAntiSpyware all came up clean. After about 10 hour's I switched to this pc running Windows 7. I attempted to open up Lives Essentials' Windows Live Mail and it's set to remember my email & password. Once again 5 tries and no login. I went to login to Hotmail in IE9 using AI Roboform 7 to login. Again 3 more fail's at logging in. I went back to Microsoft's site for changing my password. On their page for changing your password you have to type in letter's/number's they put on the page. I went to enter those letter's/number's. Every letter you type is coming out as capital letter's, even though your not typing capital letter's. Not hitting the shift key and Caps Lock is turned off. To make sure it wasn't my keyboard malfunctioning, I opened up Word and started typing in non-capital letter's and that's exactly as they appeared. Another NIS 20112, Malwarebytes free and SUPERAntiSpyware full scan's run in W7's safe mode came up clean. Something's obviously wrong on MS's end, not either of my pc's. P.S. AI Roboform logged me in here, as usual without any issue's.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
This just may be speculation on your part. Do you have proof? Has this been verified by other sources?

Your thread title really should read: Possibility of Microsoft's login pages were hacked.

Until you have 3rd party confirmation, such as MS or some other independent sources it's best not to jump to conclusions and possibly confuse newer members here.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Is Your Email & Password also your live logiin? I have my Email through my server, and Hotmail through my live mail account, with another login/password.

Reaction score
Yes, in Windows 8 my login is my Live ID/ Hotmail account addressThere was also another post after mine where someone else had issue's. Also, when I clicked on the link in Windows Live Mail to reset my password, my email address will type in how it's supposed to be, but when you get to typing MS's captcha on theier site, even if you don't press the shift key or have caps lock on, every letter come's up as capitalized. I opened Word 2007 and typed in it and non capital letter's didn't appear as capital letter's on 2 different pc's with 2 different keyboard's.QUOTE=davehc;119155]Is Your Email & Password also your live logiin? I have my Email through my server, and Hotmail through my live mail account, with another login/password.[/QUOTE]

Ask a Question