Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Plz anybody help i cant find drivers for windows 7
if anybody knows any driver that can work plz help
it has a chip RTL8185L from realtek

Reaction score
Here ya go. :)

ty for the tip but it didnt work because the driver was for pci express card.The driver that worked was realtek 8185 extensible 802.11b/g wireless adapter thanks for your time thought

Reaction score
any idea which one? my system is completely screwing up saying it cant identify on the wireless network.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
8185 for windows is the top set, and you only need the driver then use the very first row which is for Vista. Pick site 6 because that should be closest to where you live, if that site isn't up then try one of the US sites.

But cannot identify on the network is not the same as not having a network driver installed. If you open control panel > device manager and see if there are any yellow attention flags for a missing device driver. If not then you have a driver that the computer thinks is working.

Did your network ever work with this computer? If not, is the computer new or is it the network provider that is new? What is the make/model of your wireless router? When was it set up? Do you have other computers connecting to it?

Though wireless router support is backwards compatible you may need to set it to allow mixed mode 802.11g and 802.11n signals. Also some routers can do 2.4 GHz and 5.0GHz and some routers can do it simultaneously but others can not. If you have one computer connecting with N at 5.0MHz and your computer has an old G wireless adapter then unless your router allows simultaneous it won't work. to test if this is the issue you should turn off all your other connections to the router and see if your computer can connect then. If you don't secure your router then close-by neighbors could even be using your signal and utilizing the 5.0GHz frequency.

Reaction score
only drivers available are for win xp. check to see if you download microsofts mini port.

Reaction score
<LI class=sa_wr>Realtek

www.realtek.com/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=1&PFid=...

MOD EDIT: not sure if you meant to do that but it looked like you pasted the entire results of a search and it was very confusing because the forum doesn't recognize some of the html. My post above provided the links directly to the driver the original OP said they had used. In the case, like this, where there is no Windows 7 driver, the user would have to try a Vista driver.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
The network did use to run fine, now it can't configure an ip and still doesnt seem to work when i set a static but that may be user error, its is the talktalk n150 router but the same error still occurs when i swith back to the old wireless router we have which works fine.i can't connect even when i am on the network on my own but my brothers wireless connection is fine the netowrk can be connected to its just remain unidetinfied with no internet access, should i start a new thread for this issue?

Brick

Reaction score
sure please list all your computer specs, modem and router specs, which version of win7 your using. there are some very knowlegeable guys here who can help, when they have more info to go on.
did you upgrade XP to win7? how old is your computer?

Reaction score
Thanks Brick for starting a new thread. I'm closing this thread as it is rather old.

If anyone else has further questions, please start a new thread as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.