Mass Effect on Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
okay so i downloaded the game on steam and everytime i click on it to play it seems to cancel itself and won't start up. i don't know what's wrong can anyone help me? has anyone had similar problems?
I'm having the exact same problem.
My laptop is more than qualified to run Mass Effect, so I know that's not the problem, but Steam just won't load the file. I've heard some of you talking about an update of some sort? Is that available through Steam?

Reaction score
I'm having the exact same problem.
My laptop is more than qualified to run Mass Effect, so I know that's not the problem, but Steam just won't load the file. I've heard some of you talking about an update of some sort? Is that available through Steam?
I am having the same issue. The main menu opens and when I hit play I get nothing. I however, downloaded my copies from Amazon. I think I might have just wasted 12 bucks; so no big deal if they don't work but its frustrating.

Reaction score
I got it to work

I bought a used copy and it installed with no problems but when I went to start it up I would click play and the incompatible message came up then it said it would close the programme and look for solutions but never came up with anything. In the end:

I downloaded each of the patches
http://masseffect.bioware.com/me1/pc/updates/index.html

then ran it in compatibility mode (Windows XP) and it seemed to work.

Reaction score
Mass Effect

Hi...I have Mass Effect 1 and i can't toggle zoom/aim only with the pistols. When i press right mouse button dosn't do anything...can anybody help? what can i do?...I played ME2 and 3 with no problems but i can't play this.

Thanks for help and sorry for my bad english

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Mass Effect Crash Fix

Solution

1. Either download the MassEffectConfig.zip file from the following location:

http://www.mediafire.com/?qwsdu7h87c6js3l

2. Or unzip the file I have placed on the fix disc.

3. After unzipping the file go to C:\Program Files (x86)\MassEffect\Binaries
Here you will find a file named "MassEffectConfig"
4. Delete this file.
5. Go back to the file you unzipped earlier and Copy it to this location.
6. Close all windows and run the game from your start-up Icon.
7. You can now press the play button and the game should work.

Additional Advice

Cut a CD with these instructions and the zip file and place it in your box set of Mass Effect
for future reference, or in chase of a re-install.

Happy Gaming

BLACKDEATH

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
avinashi, this thread started over 4 years ago, please do not reopen old threads.

this thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question