Linus Torvalds gives Windows 7 the thumbs up!

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
I wonder if he really "ment it"...*wink*

Reaction score
Of course he is sarcastic, sorry to repeat others saying, but think about this:
If you made an OS, would you give thumbs up to your biggest rival on the market
no matter how good it was?

Didn't think so, therefor he's making fun of Microsoft

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
He ought to give the thumbs up, because before I finally decided to go for Windows 7, I gave Linux a shot. And believe me, I gave all that I had to learn it. Ubuntu 9.04 at the time was the most popular Linux "distro", so that's what I tried. After 5 months, I was getting nowhere, then out came 9.10. That put the nail in Linux's coffin for me. Slow startups, web pages hanging, Firefox not up to date. I couldn't even learn how to print. This Linux mess is for nuts, and I'm serious. I have a box full of "live CD's" that you can run without installing to try it out. With Wubi, you can even install Ubuntu or Xubuntu INSIDE of Windows as a uninstallable program. And these people who actively support this crap. I don't put anyone down by their looks, but some of the top dogs of this "free software movement" look like members of the Manson family. Has anyone of you ever seen Richard Stallman? He's one of these ones who travel the world preaching this message that software is supposed to be free, and that we should have the right to change the software (the OS) to what we want it to be. He and Linus had some disagreements years ago, but most of these "executives" look like hippies. I read that at some point, Linus walked away from it. He was probably the most intelligent of the whole bunch. And if what I read was true, I don't blame him. This Stallman fellow, he has problems. You cant make since of some of his statements. He's a self-proclaimed atheist as well. But anyway, in my opinion, if you have 12 to 16 hours a day to learn this garbage, just to be free of the EULA agreements of Microsoft and Apple, by all means, go for it. But I want commercial support for my software, and everytime I need help, I don't want to post on several forums and get 20 or more hard to understand answers from these "guru's". I know that some of you find what I'm saying hard to believe, but I'm telling the truth, a lot of these people are plain out nuts. You have to have solid management to run a computing company. Some of these outfits are free for alls. I don't know for sure, but mabye Linus sees what has become of what he started, and was sincere. I do know this, I don't want anything else to do with Linux again. If all the OS's become like Linux, then I'll just give up computing altogether and find something more productive to do.

Ask a Question